If you are planning to apply for a general worker position, make sure you allow yourself ample time to write a well planned and convincing cover letter before the application deadline. Here are some helpful cover letter writing tips followed by a general worker job cover letter sample:
• Make the first few lines of the letter really catchy.
• Do not repeat what your resume states. Rather, use the cover letter as an opportunity to give the prospective employer an insight into your personality.
• Don’t assume that the employer will deduce the relevance in your background and the position at hand. Word out the ways in which hiring you can benefit them and how exactly your skills relate to the position.
General Job Cover Letter Sample
201 Harley Street • Paterson, NJ 78001 • (005) 333 – 2222 • richard @ email . com
September 25, 2014
Mr. Timothy Gray
COSMO Construction Company
899 Gloria Lane
Paterson, NJ 78001
Dear Mr. Gray
Please consider my qualifications for the general worker job you recently advertised on your website.
In capacity of a general worker you require someone who is physically strong, familiar with construction work basics and well versed in scaffolding heavy concrete structures. My profile offers exceptional physical stamina, 5+ years of work experience at various commercial construction sites and demonstrated ability to build and remove scaffoldings for complex concrete structures.
My relevant expertise include:
• Smoothening the earth for preparation of construction site
• Construction material unloading and relevant inventory maintenance
• Operating blow torches and conducting minor welding tasks
• Building retention walls and using blasters for calculated tear down of same
• Debris disposal and construction site cleaning
• Cement mixing protocols and optimum ratios of gravel and concrete to attain desired hardness
Being a true team player, I am addicted to being of help and assistance to my managers and colleagues. My previous employers will also verify the remarkable level of cooperation and willingness I offer to take up any extra responsibility as and when required.
I am available to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the open general worker position in detail. Kindly call me at (005) 333 – 2222 to communicate a date and time that suits you for interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on