If you are planning to apply for a general worker position, make sure you allow yourself ample time to write a well designed and convincing cover letter before the application deadline.
Here are some helpful cover letter writing tips followed by a general worker job cover letter sample:
• Make the first few lines of the letter catchy.
• Do not repeat the content of your resume. Instead, use the cover letter as an opportunity to give the prospective employer an insight into your potential.
• Don’t assume that the employer will deduce the relevance in your background and the position at hand. Word out how hiring you can benefit them and how exactly your skills relate to the job.
General Job Cover Letter Example
201 Harley Street, Paterson, NJ 78001
June 10, 2018
Mr. Timothy Gray
COSMO Construction Company
899 Gloria Lane
Paterson, NJ 78001
Dear Mr. Gray
I am writing to apply for a general worker job, as recently advertised on your website.
In the capacity of a general worker, you require someone who is physically active, familiar with construction work basics and well versed in scaffolding massive concrete structures. I offer exceptional physical stamina, 5+ years of work experience at various commercial construction sites and the ability to build and remove scaffoldings for complex concrete structures.
My relevant expertise includes:
• Smoothening the earth for preparation of construction site
• Construction material unloading and loading
• Operating blow torches and conducting minor welding tasks
• Building retention walls and using blasters for calculated tear down of same
• Debris disposal and construction site cleaning
• Cement mixing protocols and optimum ratios of gravel and concrete to attain the desired hardness
Being a real team player, I am addicted to being of help and assistance to my managers and colleagues. My previous employers will also verify the remarkable level of cooperation and willingness I offer to take up any extra responsibility as and when required.
I am available to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the open general worker position in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on