If you are planning to apply for a general worker position, make sure you allow yourself ample time to write a well-designed and convincing cover letter before the application deadline.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for a General Job?
Here are some helpful cover letter writing tips followed by a general worker job cover letter sample:
- Make the first few lines of the letter catchy.
- Do not repeat the content of your resume. Instead, use the cover letter as an opportunity to give the prospective employer an insight into your potential.
- Show how you can benefit them and how exactly your skills relate to the job.
See also: General Job Resume
General Job Cover Letter Example
201 Harley Street, Paterson, NJ 78001
May 30, 2023
Mr. Timothy Gray
ABC Construction Company
899 Gloria Lane
Paterson, NJ 78001
Dear Mr. Gray
As a results-driven and enthusiastic individual with great physical stamina and excellent communication skills, I am applying for a general worker job at ABC Construction Company.
You require someone who is physically active, familiar with construction work basics, and well-versed in scaffolding massive concrete structures. I offer exceptional physical stamina, 5+ years of work experience at various commercial construction sites, and the ability to build and remove scaffoldings for complex concrete structures.
My relevant expertise includes:
- Smoothening the earth for preparation of the construction site
- Construction material unloading and loading
- Operating blow torches and conducting minor welding tasks
- Building retention walls and using blasters for calculated tear-down of the same
- Debris disposal and construction site cleaning
- Cement mixing protocols and optimum ratios of gravel and concrete to attain the desired hardness
As a real team player, I am passionate to help and assist my managers and coworkers at all times. My previous employers can also verify the level of my cooperation and willingness.
I am available to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the open general worker position in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration.