Dock workers usually work in a warehouse environment typically that of transport and freight.
Under supervision, they place pallets onto trailers for them to be transported to the required locations.
They also receive shipments and document pallet information according to their types.
To write a resume for a dock worker position, it is important to provide information regarding physical agility and understanding of working in a warehouse setting.
Since physical dexterity is a prerequisite for this position, candidates who are applying for a dock worker position usually go through physical tests.
The following resume is a good sample for the position of a dock worker.
Dock Worker Resume Example
345 41st Avenue SW, Aberdeen, SD 83900
(999) 999-9999, Email
Physically-fit and energetic Dock Worker with 8+ years’ experience in warehouse and dock setting. Strong knowledge of breaking down stacks and arranging items for efficient loading. Skilled in daily processing of paperwork and managing records.
• Expertise in operating freight vehicles and equipment to deliver items between sites
• Knowledge of sorting and handling containers in sync with federal and company regulations
• Strong background in performing quality checks on shipments and understanding of physical placement
• Physically agile enough to lift and move more than 60lbs
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Reorganized the documentation process of the warehouse by incorporating electronic records into the existing system
• Trained seven employees as dock workers in five months to deploy them to different geographical locations at the company’s branches
• Created a training manual for new dock workers to acquire information for initial projects
• Provided valuable information regarding material and comfort for the new design of uniforms for dock workers
Dock Worker | Seaward Services Inc., Aberdeen, SD | Feb 2010 – Present
• Move cartons and unpacked items between locations.
• Balance drums on their rims, and roll them into the appropriate place.
• Examine contents of boxes and ensure that proper quantity has been received.
• Record shipment data and prepare documents.
• Read work orders and follow instruction appropriately.
• Load and unload cargo on pallets and trays.
• Operate forklifts and other equipment.
• Pack materials onto flatbeds and install strapping.
• Clean and maintain piers so that they are free of debris.
• Inspect piers and report damages to the supervisor.
Apprentice | Seaward Services Inc., Aberdeen, SD | Aug 2009 – Feb 2010
• Assisted dock workers by providing them with work orders.
• Helped in inspecting contents of cartons by unwrapping them.
• Maintained shipment records in the database.
• Packed, sealed and labeled materials for shipping purposes.
Current Forklift License
High School Diploma
Aberdeen Public School, Aberdeen, SD – 2008
Last updated on