A MIG welder is responsible for fitting and welding of parts using MIG welding processes.
If this is the work that you want to do, your resume should suggest that you are the right person to hire. In fact, it should highlight the fact that you are the best out of the candidate pool.
A MIG welder’s resume should include the applicant’s professional experience, qualifications, and education.
See the sample below to get ideas.
Related: MIG Welder Cover Letter
MIG Welder Resume Sample
57 Yule Street, Columbus, OH48700
MIG Welder, with over 6 years of solid experience in using MIG welding processing. Highly skilled in assembling parts into welding jigs, and tacking properly. Exceptionally talented in using various hand tools, such as grinders and scrapers. Demonstrated expertise in performing fabrication work, in sync with instructions.
Material Handling | Welding Adjustments
Safety Precautions | Components Setup Testing
Troubleshooting | Repair and Maintenance
Weld Strength Assessment | Precision Measuring
Drawings Interpreting | Template Production
• Successfully handled 5 MIG welding tasks at the same time
• Implemented a series of safety precautions, as a result, decreased onsite accidents
• Singlehandedly set up 12 components for an MIG welding project
• Trained 10 apprentices in handling MIG welding work, as part of their induction
Superlift, Columbus, OH | 2015-Present
• Weld I-Beam Frame and Fuel Tanks in flat and vertical overhead positions
• Assess welding strength by conducting physical inspections
• Weld metal thickness range from 10 gauge up to ½ inch
• Clamp, grind and bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
• Position workpieces using hoists, cranes, wire and banding machines
• Inspect products and equipment for defects or malfunctions
• Organize supplies and equipment
• Operate and maintain equipment such as cranes
Hustler Turf Equipment, Columbus, OH | 2013-2015
• Cleaned and cleared work areas as per instruction
• Chose and made available the right tools and material for each welding project
• Assisted in joining multiple component together using electric arcs
• Measured and cut workpieces according to instructions
• Select the right materials to use on each welding component
Certification in Mig Welding
ABC College, Columbus, OH – 2012
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Columbus, OH – 2009