Warehouse Selector Job Scope
Warehouse Selectors works under the general supervision of a warehouse manager.
They are responsible for assembling and selecting cases from pick slots for store orders in a correct, efficient, useful manner.
Also, they assemble order onto pallets using a pallet jack, forklift, or other equipment.
The following is a list of general duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Selector.
If you in the process of building or updating your resume, you may select 5 to 6 phrases from the following list to make an effective resume.
See also: Warehouse Selector Resume
Warehouse Selector Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and load merchandise to a specific warehouse location.
• Operate warehouse equipment in a secure and considerate manner.
• Keep appropriate batteries and fuel in assigned equipment.
• Observe, report, and correct all hazardous and unclean conditions that could cause worker or client accidents.
• Report any out of order vehicles to the supervisor.
• Make sure that all cases and pallets are correctly identified with the accurate store number.
• Secure chosen cases and conduct closing pallet preparations.
• Arrange and place assembled case pick pallets and shift the assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door.
• Perform visual and operational vehicle security inspections.
• Carry out count/exception on pick slot locations if amounts are less than requested.
• Correctly label product so that label can be seen from outside.
• Use a headset or pick sheet to find items.
• Recognize each pallet by route number and batch number.
• Carry out pre-shift checks of equipment.
• Perform vehicle safety inspections visually and operationally.
• Report any insecure vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance staff.
• Breakdown and restack merchandise from pallets during random audits.
• Verify the quantity of the products.
• Ensure items pick accurately and safely to prevent loss and damage.
• Inform administrator of any difference in the quantity or product description.
• Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.