Warehouse Selector Job Description
Warehouse Selectors work under the supervision of a warehouse manager. They are responsible for assembling and selecting cases from pick slots for store orders in a correct, efficient, useful manner. Also, they assemble orders onto pallets using a pallet jack, forklift, or other equipment.
The following is a list of general duties and responsibilities of a Warehouse Selector. If you in the process of building or updating your resume, you may select 5 to 6 phrases from the following list to make an effective resume.
Warehouse Selector Duties and Responsibilities
- Take instructions for picking orders and study them closely.
- Look for requested merchandise in the company database and establish aisle/row and shelf it is placed on.
- Use the order navigation system to determine the location and available quantity of the requested items.
- Physically visit the identified aisle and look for the requested item.
- Match identified item against batcha and item number stated on the order form.
- Arrange to pick up items using a forklift or pick them and transport them to the packaging area.
- Prepare and load merchandise to a specific warehouse location.
- Determine the fragility of the item to identify the need for special packing.
- Sort delivered items according to type and batch numbers before placing them on shelves.
- Operate warehouse equipment in a secure and considerate manner.
- Keep appropriate batteries and fuel in assigned equipment.
- Observe, report, and correct all hazardous and unclean conditions that could cause worker or client accidents.
- Report any out of order vehicles to the supervisor.
- Make sure that all cases and pallets are correctly identified with the accurate store number.
- Secure chosen cases and conduct closing pallet preparations.
- Arrange and place assembled case pick pallets and shift the assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door.
- Perform visual and operational vehicle security inspections.
- Carry out count/exception on pick slot locations if amounts are less than requested.
- Correctly label product so that label can be seen from outside.
- Use a headset or pick sheet to find items.
- Recognize each pallet by route number and batch number.
- Carry out pre-shift checks of equipment.
- Perform vehicle safety inspections visually and operationally.
- Report any insecure vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance staff.
- Breakdown and restack merchandise from pallets during random audits.
- Verify the quantity of the products.
- Ensure items pick accurately and safely to prevent loss and damage.
- Inform administrator of any difference in the quantity or product description.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Acquire boxes or cartons for picked items and box them properly.
- Update inventory information and create invoices for sent items and receipts for received items.
- Provide low inventory information to supervise in a bid to acquire merchandise in time for picking and delivery procedures.
Related: Warehouse Selector Resume Sample