Warehouse Assistant Job Description
Reporting directly to warehouse managers, warehouse assistants perform several duties aimed at ensuring that the operations of a warehouse are run smoothly on a daily basis.
Their work includes assisting warehouse managers in making sure that the flow of production is handled effectively. They control the flow of stock, monitor the coming and going of goods, and handle stock records within a warehouse environment.
Where do they work?
Warehouse assistants work across many industries; their duties usually depend on the setting they work in. These professionals need to possess some knowledge of how to work in a warehouse setting is managed.
While they do not need any formal education to work in this position, a high school diploma can go a long way.
Skills & Abilities
In order to ensure the efficacy of their work, they need to understand security and health procedures that govern warehouse operations.
They also need to be computer savvy as they need to create and submit warehouse movement reports on a daily basis.
If you have all these qualities, you may want to look at the following list of job duties particular to a warehouse assistant’s position.
Job Description for Warehouse Assistant Resume
- Take orders from warehouse managers on a daily basis and review them thoroughly
- Load and unload goods from delivery vans
- Ensure that the correct quantity has been received by comparing received goods with information on the work order
- Identify any damaged or missing goods and record pertinent information
- Ensure that delivery forms are signed only upon satisfaction of completed order
- Move the received goods to appropriate storage areas using mechanical equipment such as forklifts
- Make sure that all goods are labeled properly using an appropriate lot and item numbers
- Allocate storage space for items based on their types and sizes
- Pick out ordered goods and ensure that they are in good condition
- Report any broken or damaged goods at the time of order picking
- Ensure that information of picked goods is recorded in logs
- Move picked goods from storage areas to delivery pallets using forklifts
- Prepare a series of documents such as dispatch notes and labels
- Ensure that warehouse workers comply with the company’s safety and security procedures
- Record movement goods using barcode scanners
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with vendors to ensure smooth procurement
- Ensure quality control of goods coming in and going out of the warehouse
- Maintain stable temperature conditions within the warehouse especially where drugs, chemicals, and perishable food items are concerned
Recommended: Warehouse Assistant Cover Letter Sample