Sending a resume without a cover letter sets the employer wondering why you are applying for the job. Don’t do that.
Instead, send your resume along with a well-written and highly customized survey technician cover letter!
There are two main points to ponder on before writing a Survey Technician cover letter.
- What does the employer want to hear?
- What does your cover letter contain?
Once you have answers to these questions, it becomes a lot easier to write an impressive cover letter.
A cover letter must ideally be a page long and very specific. You do not need to repeat the work history that you have already mentioned in your resume.
All you need to do is to select some of your competencies that are highly job-relevant and elaborate the same, explaining how you can utilize the skills.
Related: Survey Technician Resume
Here is a perfect example:
Survey Technician Cover Letter Example
571 Essex Ave, Williston, ND 56012
October 15, 2021
Mr. Kevin Logan
Wilson & Co.
87 Spurger’s Lane
Williston, ND 56012
Dear Mr. Logan:
As a seasoned and driven survey technician, I am eager to work for Wilson & Co. Bu using my 8+ years of hands-on experience, I will be able to meet and exceed your goals.
Working in the field for many years now, I have had a wide range of exposure in the role. Some of my strengths include:
- Well versed in adjusting and operating surveying instruments.
- Experienced in management of land information computer systems, data storage, and plot reporting.
- Excellent skills in calculations of earth curvature corrections and relevant components.
- Expert user of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Proficient in the use of total stations and GPS.
I work best when I fully understand my employer’s expectations of the role. I would like to discuss the position in detail with you to establish my candidacy further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.