Resumes for maintenance technician position may appear abrupt if they begin with information right away. It is similar to walking up to a person, telling him all you can do without providing a proper introduction of why you are about to talk to him in the first place. Professional summaries, therefore, strategically introduce an individual to the employer and lay the groundwork for qualifications and experiences. How well you write the summary defines the current of the entire resume.
Resume summaries need to be written in three or four lines. They need to include strong/descriptive phrases showcasing, experience, qualifications and contribution. It goes without saying that the use of a judicious number of action words is required. Confidence, enthusiasm and professional integrity could work well if included in the summary since work ethics are a bonus when coupled with core competencies.
Here are several examples of how professional summaries could be drafted without saying too much or too little about yourself/your field of expertise:
• Top-performing Maintenance Technician with a solid background in repairing various types of equipment/mechanical systems. Well-equipped to use hand tools, power tools and instruments to keep machines up to par to meet specific production needs.
• Highly fervent and meticulous individual with 15 years of experience in handling machines. Experienced in changing filters, cleaning condensers/boilers, performing gas/arc welding, brazing and soldering.
• A reliable and hardworking Maintenance Technician with 5+ yeas’ experience in cleaning, maintaining and repairing miscellaneous fixtures and accessories. Adept at repairing walls, floor coverings and roofs.
• Maintenance Technician with 5 years of experience in coordinating vehicle repairs with SCU auto mechanic. Established ease/skill at ordering repair parts via SCU Stockroom.
• Dedicated and resourceful maintenance technician with a track record of replacing electrical fixtures, fuses, switches and outlets in the shortest possible time. Multitalented in managing residential property, maintenance related to hotel environments, all-purpose construction, electrical repairs, complicated plumbing and painting.
• Maintenance technician with meticulous attention to detail and consistent follow ups, able to analyze problems, recommend solutions, and initiate repairs. Proficient in performing building operations, preventive/corrective maintenance on boilers, chillers, condenser pumps, cooling towers, boilers, mechanical and HVAC equipment. Adept at performing installations with over 10 ten years of experience in handling the listed equipment.
• Alert maintenance technician with exceptional eye for detail in handling building and equipment maintenance tasks. Exceptional ability to read and interpret manuals/specifications and drawings/schematics. Proficient at reading gauges/dials, monitoring equipment and entering records into PCs and log sheets.
• Energetic, results-driven maintenance technician with 2 years’ experience of working with high pressure steam boilers and centrifugal chillers operating VAV pneumatic controls, and building automation control systems. Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of equipment maintenance duties in lab, manufacturing and office environments.
Last updated on