Never underestimate the importance of a cover letter for a GIS Technician resume.
A GIS technician cover letter makes all the difference in getting called for an interview or being ignored in the job market.
A persuasive cover letter equals strong marketing and candidacy promotion, which translates into higher chances of a GIS Technician Interview.
A GIS Technician cover letter serves three purposes:
- It can help you with communicating the information your resume does not include.
- It is a source for personalizing with the employer.
- It can make the employer see what value you will be bringing to the firm and how it can be used to their benefit.
See also: GIS Technician Resume.
GIS Technician Cover Letter Example
890 Jeremy Sq
Syracuse, NY 78602
April 18, 2022
Mr. Mathew Jacob
6833 Lark Arcade
Syracuse, NY 78602
Dear Mr. Jacob:
I am writing in response to your job advertisement for a GIS Technician position at your Syracuse office.
I have been serving for eight productive years in the GIS field. The following are only some of my achievements as a GIS Technician.
✓ Develop a user-friendly interface for online mapping as per prescribed specifications based on client companies’ preferences.
✓ Completed maintenance tasks 20% more accurate and faster as compared to the industry average.
As a professional in GIS with a major in Geography, I offer strong expertise in UCS systems, AutoCAD, project mapping, and infrastructure environment maintenance. My qualifications include:
• Substantial knowledge of database software including MS Access, Oracle, and SQL Server
• Skilled in creating maps and spatial datasets using various GIS software
• Adept at conducting geographical research involving the collection, analysis, and integration of spatial data
• Demonstrated ability to combine drawings from multiple sources into consolidated sets in terms of scales, line weights, and attributes
• Practical skills in placement and maintenance of graphical figures in GIS systems using Intergraph FRAMME and Small World
• Expert in Micro Station, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other integrated electronic drawing packages
I firmly believe that the opportunity of an interview will enable me to demonstrate my expertise in detail. I will follow up next Thursday. Thank you for your time and consideration.