An effective resume for health and safety specialist resume is not enough to succeed in today’s job market. If you are planning to apply for a health and safety specialist position and believe that the resume you have prepared will do the trick alone, think again! This is the era of cover letters. Even if the employers have not specifically asked you to add a cover letter, you still need to add one.
Below are some features of a good cover letter.
A good cover letter:
• Directly talks to the employer’s demands and expectations
• Convinces the employer that the candidate offers exactly what they require in terms of skills and qualifications
• Showcases the candidate’s potential in light of a few previous professional accomplishments
• Communicates the personality of the candidate and reflects adaptability
Below is a health and safety specialist cover letter to serve as a sample for potential candidates.
450 Olive Garden Lane • Brooklyn, NY 67220 • (002) 333-4444 • sean @ email . com
December 7, 2014
Mr. Samuel Kristen
69 Rock Ave
Brooklyn, NY 67220
Dear Mr. Kristen:
In response to your vacancy announcement for a health and safety specialist, with continued interest and enthusiasm, I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
My strengths in risk identification and effective hazard removal policy making as well as my substantial knowledge regarding OSHA defined health and safety obligations applicable to industrial setups have vastly contributed to my success and growth as a health and safety specialist.
Allow me to paint a picture of my candidacy which reflects your advertised requirements to fill in the health and safety specialist position at GLOBAL INDUSTRIES:
• HSE diploma holder from an OSHA certified institute
• Track record of reducing accident rate by 60% during first two years of employment
• Full command on effective PPE designing usage and effective leverage of the same
• Vast experience in risk surveying, auditing and effective health and safety policy building
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In addition to the above, I maintain the confidence, credibility and stature to implement safe HSE protocols at the worksite and just as significant are my abilities to coordinate and communicate required health and safety measures among management and employees alike.
I would like to see you in an interview where my candidacy in relevance to the position can be discussed in detail. Please call me on the above numbers to communicate a time and date to suit the purpose. I shall be calling your office for follow-up coming Thursday. In the meanwhile, thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on