As far as most hiring authorities are concerned, one resume is pretty much the same as another.
You, as a candidate need to change this, by providing him or her with a resume that stands out – like the example below:
Security Specialist Resume Sample
8055 Peterson Drive, West Chester, PA 47366
paul.mirth @email . com
Highly analytic and resourceful professional with over 7 years of experience in handling security work at high profile facilities. Adept in devising and implementing core security strategies to ward off dangers and potential threats to people and premises.
Ability to monitor and supervise activities within assigned areas, pertaining to visitors and employees. Effectively handles disturbances, fights, unauthorized visitors and criminal activities according to protocol.
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
|✓ Access Control||✓ Evacuation Assistance||✓ Emergency Response|
|✓ System Setup||✓ Traffic Control||✓ Public Screening|
|✓ Technical Issues Handling||✓ Alarms Testing||✓ Security Inspections|
|✓ Inspection Reporting||✓ Security Training||✓ Violation Handling|
• Implemented a foolproof security system, earning high commendation from the security director.
• Thwarted a robbery attempt, by recognizing early signs of trouble, and taking immediate action.
• Introduced a public screening system, which was considered 55% more accurate than the one already being used.
• Trained 40 security officers in handling security operations, who were deployed to different offices within the state.
Spectrum, West Chester, PA | 5/2011 – Present
• Create and implement core security strategies to meet the specific needs of both people and premises.
• Perform periodic and random inspections within premises and around it, to determine if there are any problems.
• Analyze and establish security requirements for both people and facilities.
• Ascertain that security systems such as CCTV cameras and surveillance equipment is properly installed and in good working order.
• Conduct risk analysis for security of assets, and develop plans based on performed analysis.
• Review, interpret and adapt regulations to meet the specific demands of personal and facility security.
• Monitor and supervise access and egress, placing special focus on any possible nefarious activities.
• Intervene in situations that may pose as security threats, and attempt to diffuse such situations.
Community Medical Center, West Chester, PA | 2/2007 – 5/2011
• Monitored people entering and exiting the premises, and checked them for possession of arms.
• Conducted security inspections in and around the facility to ensure that all was in order.
• Assisted in developing and implementing security strategies, and ensured that all personnel followed security protocols.
• Enforced rules and regulations, and issued verbal warnings as appropriate to promote a safe environment.
• Created and submitted security reports on a daily basis, in accordance with set protocols.
West Chester High School, West Chester, PA – 2009
High School Diploma
Last updated on