The retail industry employs thousands and thousands of people each year in different roles. Every position plays an essential role in ensuring that a retail setting runs without hitches and that customers are satisfied. Ensuring recurring business is the prime objective of every individual working in a retail environment. Retail merchandisers, retail salespersons, retail cashiers and retail managers all coordinate their efforts to reach customer satisfaction goals with a keen focus on retaining customers. Since business recurrence is the food that retail businesses thrive on, all retail workers are required to contribute to this effort on a day-to-day basis.
Retail Merchandiser: This position requires an individual to conduct periodic inspections and ensure the maximization of the visual presentation of items. They also employ several tactics to ensure that items are stocked and priced appropriately.
Retail Cashier: Retail cashiers do not only work at the cash register; apart from taking cash in exchange of goods sold, they also perform tier one tasks by welcoming customers and directing them to the right products.
Retail Salesperson: As a primary contact in a retail environment, a retail salesperson is required to ensure that customers’ shopping experience is positive by assisting them through every phase – from choosing products to paying cash.
Retail Manager: Retail managers ensure the smooth running of a retail store. They oversee employees’ work, prepare employee schedules, ensure provision of positive customer services and make sure that all store sales objectives are met.
If you are interested in any of the positions in the retail industry, you need to write a resume that reflects your knowledge of the retail industry. The objectives below will help you writing an effective resume and make it appealing to an employer at the first look.
• Highly energetic individual looking for a Retail Merchandiser position with Carmax using keen eye for details in order to manage product line appraisals and appropriate pricing for each product.
• A passionate team-player seeking a position as a Retail Cashier at Macy’s where excellent customer service skills and expertise in handing cash will be fully utilized to contribute to the smooth functioning of the store.
• Desire a Retail Salesperson position with Franklin Stores. Offering 6+ years’ hands-on experience in territory management and indoor/outdoor sales expertise to achieve customer satisfaction targets while meeting the company’s sales goals.
• To work as a Retail Salesperson at K-Mart. Bringing track record of success providing tier-one services with an intention to ensure recurring business and customer retention.
• To obtain employment as a Retail Manager utilizing 9+ years’ first-hand experience in managing resources and people to engender sizable increases in customer base along with providing conflict resolution services and support to the company’s marketing and sales efforts.