Curators work in museums where their primary work is to manage the artifacts with respect to acquiring it and maintaining its care.
If you would like to work in this position, you may need extensive knowledge of the products that you will be responsible for.
Also, you will need a sample resume that will assist you to write your very own.
The following Curator Resume is written by professionals in keeping with the latest resume writing trends.
See the different sections and phrases of this template in order to get a better idea on how to write an excellent resume for Curator job.
Related: Cover Letter for Curator Resume
Curator Resume Example
8922 Thrush Drive, Indianapolis, IN 55343
Bringing expertise in managing museum artifacts and exceptional ability to research information.
• Over 12 years of work experience as a Curator at Local Museum
• Highly skilled in planning, developing and presenting exhibitions
• Hands-on experience in buying items relevant to displays at a museum
• Competent at identifying artifacts and managing restorations
City Museum – Indianapolis, IN 2012-Present
• Arrange for a particularly rare Mayan artifact that the museum was looking for to be displayed for three years
• Research newfound facts about three different displays and added to the information tablet
• Plan and execute exhibitions
• Work with the public at large to provide information regarding particular displays
• Research new and rare artifacts and arrange form purchases
Local Museum – Indianapolis, IN 2007-2012
• Cataloged all items according to type
• Managed item preservation
• Wrote content for the museum’s website and tablets
• Hired and trained staff to manage the exhibits
Bachelor’s Degree in Museum Work
Indianapolis State University – Indianapolis, IN – 2006
OTHER SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Superior attention to detail
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Great passion for artifacts
• Exceptional project management skills
• Strong organizational skills