Butchers or meat cutters prepare and sell meat (Beef, pork, chicken, lamb, fish) and meat-based products at shops, supermarkets, or local markets.
If you want to apply for a butcher or meat cutter position, you need to write an attractive resume, along with a Butcher Cover Letter.
Let us help you with this challenging task to help you get the job successfully.
Sample Resume for Butcher Position
36 4th Avenue, Elizabeth, NJ 65214
Contact #, Email Address
Strong knife skills | Customer service | Meat cutting and processing
Hardworking meat cutter and butcher with 8+ years of successful track record in processing and cutting all kinds of meat including beef, lamb, fish, and poultry. In-depth knowledge of maintaining appropriate temperatures of meats.
• Hands-on experience in operating knife and meat-processing equipment.
• Talented in mixing, tenderizing, preparing, weighing, and packaging meat products.
• Proven record of using hand tools and power equipment to make meat portion control cuts to specifications.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness.
Performance Food Group – Elizabeth, NJ
2017 – Present
• Portion beef, lamb, veal, and pork
• Cut, bone, and trim meat
• Serve consumers at the counter
• Advise customers on how to prepare and cook meat
• Prepare product displays
• Receive deliveries and check their content and hygiene
• Buy, order, and control stock
• Move meat stock to cold storage areas
• Assist in maintaining clean and sanitary work conditions
Citarella – New York, NY
2012 – 2017
• Boned, tied, and grind meats
• Prepared special cuts for specific meat orders
• Shaped, laced, and tied roasts, using the boning knife, skewer, and twine
• Wrapped, weighed, labeled, and priced pieces of meat
• Maintained and stocked products on the display
• Dispatched and delivered orders
• Maintained a clean and organized workstation and backroom
ABC SCHOOL, Elizabeth, NJ – 2007
• Profound ability to work well in a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good math skills
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Able to communicate continually with a high degree of professionalism
“My good communication and interpersonal skills helped me bring more customers.“