Most resume writing experts suggest that you include a career objective in your medical technologist resume. That is because the objective statement sets the direction of a resume.
What exactly is a Medical Technologist career objective?
It is a personal statement defining precisely how you intend to obtain a position.
Let’s break it up to understand it better:
1. It is personal
Others may write career objectives in their resumes, but none will be like yours. Yours is unique.
2. It is a commitment
It defines who you are and what you intend to achieve in a professional capacity.
3. It is entirely action-oriented
It needs to be elaborate with information on your pro-activity, communication skills, and job-related abilities.
4. It has a direction
Examining your future goals is imperative when writing a career objective, regardless of whether your focus is long-term or short-term.
Take a look at the following sample career objectives for a Medical Technologist resume to make your own.
1. Outgoing Medical Technologist with a bachelor’s degree in medical technology and 8+ years of experience in performing routine and sophisticated tests in hematology, chemistry, serology, immunology, bacteriology, and microscopy. Excited to contribute to ABC Healthcare’s team by using my technical and professional expertise.
2. Highly motivated Medical Technologist seeking a position at AA Laboratory. Offering 6+ years of hands-on experience in Hematology and Biochemistry laboratory functions. Track record of success in managing equipment operations and performing laboratory tests.
3. Looking for a Medical Technologist position with a private laboratory where my 3+ years of extensive work experience in medical technology and skills in developing and testing new methodologies will be fully utilized to increase efficiency.
4. To work for St. Mary’s Medical Center as a Medical Technologist. Bringing expertise in performing quality control, diagnostic testing procedures, and verifying test results for validity, accuracy, and correctness of reporting to bring the best results.
5. Seeking a Medical Technologist position at Capital Health. Eager to utilize my exceptional skills in performing and reporting clinical laboratory assays with precision and accuracy in keeping with established policies and procedures.