Most resume writing experts suggest that you include a career objective to your medical technologist resume. And rightly so.
But what exactly is a career objective?
It is a personal statement defining precisely how you intend to obtain a position. Let’s break it up to understand it better:
It is personal: Others may write career objectives in their resumes, but none will be like yours. Yours is unique.
It is a commitment: It defines who you are and what you intend to achieve in a professional capacity.
It is entirely action-oriented: It needs to be elaborate with information on your pro-activity, communication skills, and job-related abilities.
It has a direction: Examining your future goals is imperative when writing a career objective, regardless of your focus being long or short-term.
Take a look at the following sample career objectives of Medical Technologist to make your own.
Medical Technologist Resume Objective Examples
• Outgoing Medical Technologist with a bachelor’s degree in medical technology and 3+ years of experience in performing routine and complex tests in hematology, chemistry, serology, immunology, bacteriology, and microscopy. Seeking to leverage my technical and professional expertise to contribute to your team.
• Highly motivated Medical Technologist seeking a position at AA Laboratory. Offers 3+ years’ hands-on experience in Hematology and Biochemistry laboratory functions. Track record of success managing equipment operations and handling laboratory tests.
• Looking for a Medical Technologist position with a private laboratory utilizing extensive work experience in medical technology and skills in developing and testing new methodologies.
• To work for St. Mary’s Medical Center as Medical Technologist utilizing expertise in performing quality control, diagnostic testing procedures and verifying test results for validity, accuracy, and correctness of reporting.
• Seeking a Medical Technologist position at Capital Health. Offering exceptional skills in performing and reporting clinical laboratory assays with precision and accuracy in keeping with established policies and procedures.