A kitchen porter resume is a formal document that provides an overview of your professional qualifications, accomplishments, work experience, skills, and education.
Usually paired with a kitchen porter cover letter, a resume helps you demonstrate your abilities and convince employers you are fully qualified for the kitchen porter role.
Here are 2 resume samples for you to get ideas:
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 1
Rocky River, OH
maimirocha @ email . com
• Top-performing kitchen porter with a solid reputation for providing high-quality service to ensure customer satisfaction. Good eye for detail, well-organized, and skilled in setting priorities.
• Proficient in washing dishes/equipment and sanitizing kitchen areas in accordance with rules and regulations.
• Competent at cleaning crockery and cutlery by ensuring the safe handling of each item.
• Hands-on experience in performing preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment such as mixers, fridges, and cookers.
• Known for efficiently providing assistance to food preparation workers by effectually handling dicing, cutting, and chopping duties.
The American Club, Rocky River, OH
May 2018 – Present
• Wash pots, pans, and other crockery and cutlery by following set procedures for safe item handling.
• Clean garbage cans and waste barrels and ensure appropriate removal and handling of trash on a constant basis.
• Wash worktables, walls, and refrigerators by using dedicated cleaning mixtures and tools.
• Operate and maintain equipment such as ovens, grills, fryers, and dishwashers.
• Restock shelves with “to be needed immediately” products such as sauces and spices.
• Remove kitchen linen such as aprons and washcloths and ensure that they are laundered properly.
• Assist food preparers with their work by cutting, chopping, dicing, slicing, and marinating food items.
• Reined during a massive food preparation marathon run (for a party of 1500) by providing constant and consistent support to food preparation workers.
• Reduced the chances of breakage by implementing a “no more than 5 items on a tray” policy.
• Implemented a dynamic waste management system that increased trash disposal efficiency by 80%.
• Introduced a stock inventory system that minimized “out of stock” menu items significantly.
ABC Restaurant, Rocky River, OH
Sep 2012 – May 2018
• Cleaned surfaces such as floors and work counter by using premixed cleaning agents.
• Monitored trash and ensured that it was properly disposed of before the receptacle overflowed.
• Collected pots, pans, and dishes from different areas in the kitchen and brought them to the washing areas.
• Assisted in washing and drying dishes and cutlery and returning them to proper storage areas.
• Distributed supplies, utensils, and equipment to food preparers and chefs.
High School Diploma
AAA High School, Rocky River, OH
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Kitchen Maintenance • Equipment Upkeep
• Storeroom Inventory • Minimizing Breakage
• Food Deliveries • Laundry Collection
• Food Preparation • Sanitation
• Stock Taking • Waste Management
• Crockery Storage • Condiments Replenishment
Kitchen Porter Resume Sample 2
Grand Forks, ND
jasmai @ email . com
Hardworking kitchen porter with 8+ years’ extensive experience in handling cleaning and food preparation tasks, in a bid to expedite kitchen staff’s work. Competent in cleaning kitchen areas such as floors and counters and ensuring that all surfaces are sanitized properly. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment. Highly congenial and patient with a pleasant personality and a positive outlook on work.
• Performing preventative and general maintenance work on kitchen equipment, including grills, ovens, and hot plates.
• Providing assistance with basic food preparation tasks, with a special focus on quality and portioning.
• Receiving and storing food deliveries in designated storage areas, and ensuring that any expired items are thrown away immediately.
✓ Basic Sanitization
✓ Food Rotation
✓ Food Waste Minimization
✓ Preventative Maintenance
✓ Food Preparation
✓ Equipment Repair
The Caffe, Grand Forks, ND
8/2014 – Present
• Save overhead costs by $5000 by using the existing space in a proper manner.
• Assist in the cleaning and sanitization of kitchen surfaces such as counters and floors.
• Perform preventative and general maintenance on kitchen equipment such as grills, fryers, fridges, and ovens.
• Store away all crockery and cutlery in assigned storage areas and ensure that glassware is safely stored.
• Keep storerooms well-stocked at all times and create and maintain relationships with vendors for additional stock obtainment.
Some Company, Grand Forks, ND
5/2011 – 8/2014
• Implemented food rotation procedures which decreased food spoilage by 20%.
• Trained 5 janitorial staff members in the use of chemicals to clean and sanitize kitchen surfaces in a safe manner.
• Emptied waste bins and ensured that all appropriate waste management procedures were followed.
• Assisted kitchen staff in food preparation, marination, and portioning.
• Washed and dried cutlery, glassware, and china dishes and ensure that they are properly put away at the end of the day.
Hungry Jacks, Grand Forks, ND
2/2008 – 5/2011
• Cleaned surfaces in dining and kitchen areas by performing sweeping and mopping activities.
• Sanitized floors and counters by applying the right amount and consistency of sanitizing liquids.
• Handled trash management duties by ensuring that all organic and recyclable waste was separated before being thrown out.
• Assisted in storing away food items and supplies in designated storage areas.
• Provided assistance in washing pots, pans, cutlery, and glassware during instances of staff shortages.
High School Diploma
Grand Forks High School, Grand Forks, ND – 2007