Both soft and hard skills as a maintenance planner are important to communicate to a prospective employer, especially in a resume. In fact, the resume is an opportunity for you to highlight your key qualifications and skills. Of course, your skills and qualifications also show how good you will be in a future role.
The good thing about skills is that they are not limited to the resume. In fact, skills can be mentioned on cover letters as well, which is where their work is most wonderfully done.
Skills and qualifications are essential not only because they tell a hiring manager what you can do for him. They show a particular strength of character and tells the hiring manager that you are willing to learn and apply them to benefit the company for which you are offering your services.
The best way to communicate your skills and qualifications is through bullet statements. The first step is to make sure that you are aware of your abilities. If you aren’t, there is no way in which you can articulate them properly.
Once you have a list of skills in front of you, you can look through the following sample statements to obtain an idea about how to write them:
Sample Skills & Qualifications for a Maintenance Planner
- Demonstrated ability to minimize downtime and interruptions to operations, by creating and implementing well-placed maintenance plans.
- Highly experienced in providing orderly procedures for processing work to prevent work orders from being hindered.
- Able to provide expert maintenance advice to operations, through proper implementation of the maintenance planner.
- Documented success in permitting advanced determination of labor resources needed, and time required to complete each job or module.
- Highly skilled in providing an overall plan for supervisors to base their pre-thinking and pre-planning for daily work.
- Well versed in planning maintenance work orders, repairs and services, and efficient functioning of all equipment and machinery, in assigned plant areas.
- Special talent for determining technical documentation, aimed at providing support to workers.
- Competent in managing maintenance data collection and information gathering to more efficiently assist workers and management personnel.
- Ability to determine and implement procedures and documents used to define appropriate job functions, within the quality management system.
- Proven ability to maximize resources, by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, and documentation.
Related: Maintenance Planner Resume Sample