A payroll coordinator resume is a 1-page document that contains information about your professional background. If written properly, this document can open the doors of many payroll coordinator interviews, and a job eventually.
How to Write a Good Resume for Payroll Coordinator position?
- Choose the resume format as per your circumstances.
- Add your first and last name, in addition to current contact information.
- Start with a resume summary or objective statement.
- Put your skills as a payroll coordinator that fits the needs of the employer.
- List only your relevant work experiences and key achievements.
- List your educational information.
The following sample will guide you on how you can write a winning resume for a payroll coordinator:
Sample Resume for Payroll Coordinator
563 Sunset Avenue, Albertville, AL 35261
A diligent payroll professional with a proven track record of providing support to the accounting department. Proficient in following established procedures to pay employees through predefined payroll administration systems. A critical thinker who is adept at providing tier-3 support for questions around all payroll-related services. Documented success in creating and maintaining effective payroll systems to ensure delivery of on-time pays. Particularly effective in generating weekly certified payroll and management reports to ensure smooth payroll operations.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS / KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Introduced the Paycom system, which decreased payroll processing time by 60%
• Implemented a set of complicated business controls and audit trails for payroll transactions
• Suggested monthly payroll administration as opposed to weekly payrolls which reduced the constant burden on the payroll team
• Trained three sets of payroll employees in compliance and company policies regarding payroll administration
– Bargaining Agreements – Payroll Administration
– Overtime Computing – Spreadsheets
– Reconciliation – Regulatory Compliance
– Paycom System – Benefits Administration
– Reporting – Vendor Data Maintenance
– Garnishments – Labor Laws
PETSMART, Albertville, AL | 3/2012 to Present
• Review employees’ timecards and import them into Paycom and other payroll systems
• Check figures for accuracy and make any adjustments needed during the process
• Review payroll documentation for accuracy and obtain necessary approvals
• Print, sort and distribute payroll checks to each department head
• Communicate with the human resource department to determine the integrity of payroll data
• Obtain information from departments regarding new hires, retirements, terminations, and transfers
• Process payroll amounts such as overtime hours, annual bonuses and year-end adjustments
• Handle payroll amount reconciliations and ensure that any discrepancies are addressed immediately
• Maintain business controls and audits and respond to employees’ inquiries
• Create and maintain records to ensure that appropriate payroll files are in place
COMCAST, Albertville, AL | 1/2011 to 3/2012
• Collected data regarding payrolls from different departments
• Checked timecards for information regarding the hours that each employee has given during the month
• Enter timecard information in designated payroll systems and verified data for accuracy
• Assisted payroll coordinators by writing checks and having them signed from signatories
• Handled records management duties by keeping all information confidential
Associate’s Degree in Human Resources
ALBERTVILLE COLLEGE, Albertville, AL – 2008