Paralegals are also known as legal assistants. They provide support to lawyers, where administrative, clerical and research work is concerned.
They may be required to assist attorneys in preparing lawsuit cases during flexible hours and schedules. At an entry-level position, paralegals mostly work in a learning capacity.
Entry Level Paralegal Resume Writing Tips
1. When employers review resumes for entry-level positions, they typically skim first and glance for applicant’s core competencies, educational background, and transferable skills. Therefore, mention your attributes under attractive headings.
2. Make sure that your resume is an accurate reflection of your relevant skills, strengths, abilities, community services and involvements, and your personality.
3. Use bullet points rather than writing in long sentences or paragraphs – be short and snappy.
The following example shows what an entry-level paralegal’s resume should contain to grab the attention of the reader.
Sample Resume for Entry Level Paralegal With No Experience
55 Eureka Street, Wilmington, DE 76353
(000) 501-5555 | email@example.com
Seeking a position as a Paralegal with ABC Company utilizing exceptional office management skills and bright background in law education to assist in orchestrating a smooth flow of legal operations.
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies
St. Anthony Community College, Wilmington, Delaware – 2020
• Criminal law
• Litigation and Trial Practice
• Administrative Law
• Business Organizations
• Real property
• Torts: Personal Injury Litigation
• Legal Research
• Legal Analysis and Writing
• Working knowledge of investigating the facts of a case
• Demonstrated ability to research pertinent laws, regulations, and legal articles
• Highly skilled in writing reports to assist lawyers to prepare for trials
• Able to organize and present the information in a factual way
• Hands-on experience in keeping the case information in computer databases
• In-depth knowledge of drafting letters, contracts, and mortgages
• Proficient in managing clerical duties about a law office
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Secretary of Criminal Justice Club
• Team Captain of the college football team
• Tutor at the Boys’ Club
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work independently
• Ability to use tact and sense of judgment effectively
• Proven ability to interpret and apply relevant rules
• Good knowledge of legal terminology