As essential parts of a medical team, medical technologists perform advanced tests on blood and body fluids to determine the cause of disease. They are highly trained professionals who work in hospitals and independent laboratories.
Resumes for medical technologist positions need to reflect the skills that you have gained through experiences and relevant education. Highlighting your skills on a Medical Technologist resume is your best bet at being noticed, so do not overlook this section on your resume.
A medical technologist’s resume will only be attractive to a prospective employer if it possesses information about your skills and abilities.
When writing your resume for a medical technologist position, make sure that you list these skills and qualifications in a way that appeals to a prospective employer.
The following is how you can do this.
Sample Skills and Qualifications for Medical Technologist Resume
• Demonstrated ability to perform clinical laboratory tests such as hematology, bacteriology, immunohematology, chemistry, endocrinology, serology, parasitology, general immunology, and urinalysis.
• Proficient in reviewing relevant laboratory reports for clinical errors before they are reported to the patient’s medical record.
• Well versed in operating and maintaining laboratory instruments.
• Skilled in using and maintaining medical technology tools such as chemistry analyzers and photometers.
• In-depth know-how of biology and chemistry aimed at determining interactions and inter-dependencies.
• Competent at performing microbiological analyses to process patients’ specimens and deriving accurate results.
• Skilled at interpreting laboratory findings and handling technical report writing activities.
• Functional ability to manage laboratory equipment calibration and to perform clinical assays.
• Able to timely and accurately manage test results in the validity verification processes.
• Exceptional talent for maintaining laboratory quality control and sanitation procedures.
• Able to process specimens following the chemical, hematology, urinalysis, and serology procedures.
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA and CLIA compliance directives as used in a clinical / hospital setting.
• Experienced in supervising the preparation of specimens for clinical testing purposes.
• Skilled in directing corrective actions in case of unacceptable specimens, to ensure accurate test results.
• Exceptional arm-hand steadiness aimed at ensuring that specimens are handled with care and minimizing sample retakes.
• Extensive knowledge of documenting specimens and preparing acquisition lists to ensure a free flow of chemicals used during testing procedures.
• Recognized for adhering to FDA standards during testing procedures and through the documentation stage.