A resume that caters to a position in marketing is often challenging to write for one reason only, that is:
How do you convince an employer that you would be able to persuade customers to buy products or services?
It is indeed a daunting task to write a resume for a marketing position, particularly, for a marketing associate.
How to Write a Great Resume for Marketing Associate Job?
• Your resume is a selling tool; it should be concise, attractive, and easy to navigate.
• Build your resume in Microsoft Word using a Blank Document – avoid ready-made templates.
• Use plain font (Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri, or Verdana) on 11-12 pt size.
• Use uppercase in bold text to highlight section headings.
• A one-page resume is useful for students and entry-level candidates. Two to three pages for experienced professionals.
• Include the only information that is relevant to the employer’s needs.
• The professional world and hiring managers value briefness.
• If you are entering the marketing field place the education section after strengths and before experience.
• When listing experience and education section, use reverse chronological order; most recent education or jobs first.
• List the required and most relevant skills, qualifications, and experience at the top of each section.
Marketing Associate Resume Example
800 Sinclair Street
Wabash, IN 68902
Extremely motivated, creative, and energetic professional with over 7+ years’ hands-on experience in making the best marketing mix strategies. Consistently exceeded marketing objectives and increased bottom-line profits for the company. A quick decision-maker who has the ability to exceed targets by utilizing Lauterborn’s four Cs (consumer, cost, communication, and convenience).
• Strong background in maximizing customer response through effective planning and implementation of core marketing plans.
• Well-versed in identifying and creating new opportunities in order to manage the optimization of initiatives.
• Hands-on experience in forecasting trends and planning events and activities accordingly.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Marketing Proposals
• Risk Assessment
• Problem Identification
• Competitor Monitoring
• Reports Preparation
• Project Management
• Social Media
• MS Office Suite
• Adobe In-design
Gartner, Wabash, IN
Oct 2014 – Present
• Support marketing functions by providing insight and physical assistance
• Undertake marketing analysis in order to determine market trends and characteristics
• Maintain liaison with the advertising department in order to acquire support for marketing directives
• Build marketing campaigns
• Conduct research on emerging and existing markets and forecast changes in the marketing environment
• Plan and organize brand and product familiarity
• Maintained customer base and succeeded in acquiring loyalty and recurring business from existing and new customers.
• Attained the ‘Crux Award’ for continuously meeting targets.
Aspen Heights, Wabash, IN
Feb 2011 – Oct 2014
• Provided market research assistance
• Wrote and edited press releases
• Assisted in designing and writing for marketing and sales material
• Provided support in managing and implementing promotional campaigns
• Managed paperwork, records, and filing systems, which decreased retrieval time by 50%.
• Consistently generated additional revenues using product and promotion techniques.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Indiana State University, Wabash, IN