Brand Ambassador Position Overview
It is an established fact that a brand is a company’s most prized asset. But in order for a brand to become popular with the masses, it is important to project it to them properly. And this is where brand ambassadors come in.
Brand ambassadors are especially hired by companies for one job specifically – and that is to create awareness of a product or brand and endorse it to both existing and potential clients. They may be hired as full-time employees or part-time ones, depending on how much work is involved. Many companies even hire celebrities to endorse their products but that goes on a completely different level!
The basic job of a brand ambassador is to create awareness of a product and attract traffic to its stores. This is done through a lot of glamorization of not just the product but the individuals who are endorsing it. Often, brand ambassadors are seen in company advertisements – Peyton Manning is the face of Papa John’s Pizza.
Related: Brand Ambassador Resume Sample
Brand Ambassador Duties and Responsibilities
• Comprehend features of each product to be endorsed by indulging in conversation with the marketing team.
• Represent the company at trade shows, home shows, and community events.
• Endorse products through several avenues including advertisements and public appearances.
• Provide existing and prospective customers with information on product features, prices, and uses.
• Interact with various media outlets, such as newspapers and television stations.
• Assist in developing and implementing new marketing ideas and recording and maintaining clients’ preferences for future reference purposes.
• Track and restock inventory and ensure that procurement officers are actively involved with suppliers and vendors for optimal supplies delivery.
• Take customers’ feedback and relay it to the company management.
• Use social media such as Twitter and Facebook to handle product/brand endorsement duties.
• Respond to customers’ feedback regarding the brand and handle any complaints by ensuring that disgruntled customers leave happy.
• Increase vendor trail line sales by developing new clients through various marketing activities.
• Generate marketing and endorsement ideas in a proactive manner and ensure that they are communicated to the management effectively.
• Act as a bridge/liaison between sales departments and vendor representatives.
• Study the company’s marketing goals and objectives and organize trade initiatives.
• Plan and implement awareness creating programs to reach out to potential customers.
• Indulge in outreach programs to involve existing customers in the company’s offerings.
• Work with the sales and marketing departments to understand the company’s goals and missions.
• Develop marketing ideas and record and maintain client preferences.
• Represent the company and its products and services to the media and customers in a positive manner.
• Relay customer feedback to the company in anticipation of improving products and services.
• Generate ideas to maximize sales to achieve or exceed sales goals.
• Develop and maintain strong communication with buying offices and customers.
• Conduct product training and handle inventory preparation initiatives.
• Assist in creating and installing marketing displays and ensuring that brand advertising material is placed in a strategic manner.
• Act as the face of the company at seminars, media screenings, and marketing conferences.
• Monitor brand movement, pricing, and distribution penetration.
• Build and sustain business relationships with key accounts within assigned areas.
• Organize events such as consumer sampling, concerts, after-parties, and movie premiers.
• Assist the marketing department in developing and presenting brand information to educate customers.
• Manage the design and art direction of marketing campaigns to promote programs and events.
• Establish and maintain ongoing communication with customers to ensure integrated efforts.
• Develop and administer marketing budgets in sync with established guidelines.
• Conduct workshops, events, and samplings to reach out to prospective and existing customers.
• Contract and supervise vendors, artists, and photographers to cover events.
• Engage in media interviews and programs as deemed appropriate.
• Seek out new opportunities to sell existing and new products.
• Keep in constant contact with existing customers to keep them abreast of new developments.
• Seek out information regarding competition’s activity such as pricing and marketing strategies.
• Act as an on-the-spot expert to provide information to customers regarding the company and its products and services.
• Create and foster relationships with key stakeholders such as the local trade community and distributors.
• Maintain a complete understanding of state laws and handle all event planning according to them.
• Develop communications plans and timelines to publicize general branding and marketing activities.
Brand Ambassador Job Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a brand ambassador job, you have to possess the following:
• An innovative approach to marketing
• Public speaking skills
• Leadership qualities
• Credibility in the market
• Relationship building abilities
• Team playing capabilities
• Technical savviness