Toolmakers are responsible for making and repairing tools that may be used for a variety of purposes.
They do this by cutting materials and molding them as required to make job-specific tools.
This is a highly skilled job and people wanting to apply for a tool maker position may need a very focused resume to apply for this job.
The following resume sample will help job seekers building a great resume.
See also: Toolmaker Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Toolmaker
123 Valley View Drive, Lander, WY 63792
(999) 900-9999 | [Email]
To obtain a Tool Maker position at Kelly Services making the most of exceptional skills in tool fabricating and expertise in tool repairs.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Functional and demonstrated knowledge of tool making and repairing techniques
• Highly experienced in coordinating work schedules to meet production and engineering schedules
• In-depth knowledge of blueprints and designated specifications
• Hands-on experience in performing preventive maintenance activities
• Familiar with 3D modeling package and CNC machining practices
• Working knowledge of tools, processes and mechanical fixtures
• Established ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Demonstrated Ability to use computers and popular software
• Excellent communication skills
Toolmaker Certificate – 2005
• Basic Lathe
• Metals & Heat Treatment
• Intermediate Lathe Operations
• Intermediate Milling Operations
• Advanced CNC Machining
• Basic Milling Operations
• Precision Tools & Measurement
• Fundamentals of Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) Machine Controls
• Formulated a blueprint for a tool that gauges other tools for errors where specifications and measurements are concerned.
• Awarded Employee of the Year award following excellence is providing error-free and absolutely specific tools for corporate customer lines.
June 2005 – Present
Tool Maker – Lander, WY
• Create and construct tools in accordance with the specifications.
• Perform repairs and preventive maintenance for model making machines.
• Use precision measuring equipment where necessary.
• Purchase necessary equipment and supplies required for tool production and repairs.
• Coordinate work schedules with the engineering departments.
High School Diploma – 2004