Lifeguards are skilled swimmers who ensure the protection of swimmers and people around pool areas and beaches. They work at pools and beaches, youth associations, schools, community recreation departments, personal swim clubs, and hotels.
Lifeguards have to be qualified in water safety. They know how to begin a rescue and take a distressed swimmer away from the water. They also know first aid and able to give artificial respiration if needed. In an effort to make sure swimmers’ safety, lifeguards watch for situations that could make accidents possible. They do not permit rough play or hazardous objects in the water or the surrounding areas.
Writing your first resume for the position of lifeguard is not a difficult task. In order to craft a good resume, you just need to find out the needs of prospective employer through their advertisement.
The following sample resume of an entry level lifeguard will help you write your first resume for lifeguard job. Also see this Lifeguard Cover Letter to make a perfect job application set.
Apt 11, Atlanta Avenue, Peterborough, ON D5S 1C1
(000) 222-8547 | Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Competent and enthusiastic individual looking for a part time position as a lifeguard with Marriott.
• Knowledge of day to day maintenance of the pool area
• Able to ensure a safe and clean environment to members and guests
• Committed to maintain safe and enjoyable pool or beach environment
• Adept at providing emergency care and treatment
Communication ● Customer Service ● Personal safety ● Observation ● Public Interaction
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology – Ongoing
St Andrews University, Peterborough, ON
• Certified American Red Cross Lifeguard
• First Aid and CPR – 2011
AAA Babysitting Agency
• Provided ongoing and compassionate care to children of different age groups
• Organized leisure activities for children
• Helped children swim in the home pool
• Watched over children in the pool area
• Advanced knowledge of basic swim techniques and strokes
• Ability to react rapidly yet calmly in emergency situations
• Able to work well with children and elderly swimmers
• Demonstrated ability to follow instructions timely and efficiently
REFERENCES: Available on request