The first consideration one has to keep in mind when writing a legal administrator resume is to customize it.
Recruiters receive lots of resumes and it is very difficult for them to gauge which candidates are a good match for the job description posted.
Ones that are not a match, get rejection. But the ones that are rejected are not necessarily bad matches.
Sometimes the information is not properly displayed on a resume and that gives off the impression that the candidate is not a right fit.
When writing a resume for a legal administrator, you must highlight both the administrative and legal aspects of your knowledge.
Here is how you can do this:
See also: Legal Administrator Cover Letter
Legal Administrator Resume Sample
5 Old County Road, Mason, NH 67365
tina @ email . com
Over 4 years of experience in legal research, scheduling dispositions and coordinating hearings. Professional demeanor aimed at providing the epitome of administrative support in a legal setting with the objective of smoothing operations and legal cases.
• Comprehensive knowledge of coordination and implementation of office procedures in a law office environment
• Able to handle a large amount of research work with the aim of providing concrete support to complex cases
• Proficient in organizing case data and handling facilities management duties
• Functional ability to handle operational audits, training and development, and benefits administration in the legal arena
|– Legal Terminology
– Financial planning
– Administrative support
|– Legal research
– State and federal laws
– Priority establishment
– Operations management
– Work delegation
• Established a formal mentoring program for paralegals which decreased training costs by 50%
• Introduced PrecResearch, a precedence research system that matched input data with available cases in legal libraries and brought results 44% faster than regular research processes
• Led a cost management initiative which resulted in sustainable cost reductions at 32% lower than usual
• Negotiated a new courier contract which saved the firm $10,000 in courier charges annually
Elevate Services, Mason, NH (12/2013-Present)
• Coordinate appointments with witnesses, accused and clients
• Schedule meetings with attorneys by handling appointment calendars
• Interview clients to take information regarding cases and exercise judgment to determine if the case is genuine
• Take notes of interviews and provide attorneys with information on clients’ backgrounds and motivations
• Provide clients with information on the law office’s services and limitations
• Assist in performing legally inspired research
• Maintain office premises by ensuring that they are kept clean at all times
• Attend meetings and record minutes of meetings
• Organize office space and ensure a constant supply of office materials and management of office equipment
• Liaise with external parties such as vendors and suppliers to ensure timely deliveries
Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Connect, Mason, NH (1/2009-12/2013)
• Assisted in handling legal paperwork and correspondence
• Received and distributed mail to attorneys
• Provided support in managing legal research and locating precedents
• Created and maintained liaison with witnesses and clients
• Assisted in arranging meetings and scheduling appointments
Associate’s Degree in Law
Law College, Mason, NH, 2007