Intense competition for better jobs affects mid-career and baby-boomer candidates the most.
Creative new moves are now needed when applying for a job so that you do not spend hours sitting by your cell phone and waiting for interview calls that never come.
Resumes of “today” have to be a cut above what people used to send until a few years ago.
A resume is where it all begins. And a resume is where you should ensure that a positive impression is built and retained.
Recognizing the big peeves of recruiters is essential if you want them to look at your resume with not too much criticism. And here is a resume sample for a court runner position that will help you along:
Court Runner Resume Example
610 Wellington Way● Middletown, DE 10927
(999) 999-9999 ● [email protected]
Passionate court runner with an intense interest in working for legal concern. Well-versed in handling courier duties and handling confidential documents by practicing great integrity. Track record of accurately delivering legal documents between courts and attorneys’ offices.
• Proficient in utilizing public access criminal records to conduct criminal history searches
• Familiar with verifying information for title and real estate records for property related cases
• Knowledge of handling administrative duties such as creating legal correspondence and managing clients’ and witnesses’ records
ONE LEGAL, Middletown, DE | (3/2013 to Present)
• Take order for delivering legal documents between attorneys’ offices and courts
• Look through documents packets to verify contents and take notes
• Chart out shortest routes to destinations and drive office vehicle to ensure timely delivery
• Seek intended recipient of the documents to be delivered and hand them the papers
• Take signatures on receipts and communicate delivery status to the office
• Perform administrative work such as photocopying and scanning
• Create legal correspondence and send it out after having it vetted by legal assistants
• Assist in performing research by looking through legal references and case histories
• Provide support for interviewing witnesses and clients and record information
• Transported an important set of documents to the court within 15 minutes (over a 3-mile distance), in time for the start of the court proceedings
• Installed an automated “call handler” at the PBX which added to the professional outlook of the attorney’s office
ABC Legal Services, Middletown, DE | 1/2012 to 5/2013
• Assisted in handling case correspondence by writing letters and constructing subpoenas
• Transported legal documents to and from the court by ensuring that they are handled confidentially
• Handled data entry, records keeping and filing duties
• Greeted clients and witnesses and conducted initial interviews
• Performed research work to determine precedents for new cases and provided feedback to attorneys
• Derived important information through interviewing key witnesses in a case which the attorney unit won
• Introduced a bookkeeping system which increased the efficiency of payment handling procedures by 44%
CITY COLLEGE | Middletown, DE
Associate’s Degree in Law (2011)