Students do summer internships to polish their skills and gain some hands-on experience in their area of interest.
Summer internships can also count towards college credits which is why some colleges insist that students do internships at a company that best suits their academic background.
MBA summer internships are usually a couple of months long and do not always pay.
Interns usually perform menial tasks such as photocopying and small-time research. They usually work in different departments of the company to see how it works in real-time.
To acquire a summer internship, you need to build a good resume that depicts both your interest and your skills to be able to do the job.
Take a look at this example!
MBA Summer Internship Resume Example
2003 Saline Drive
Lincoln, NE 67392
OBJECTIVE: Summer Internship – Marketing
Master of Business Administration
Anticipated Completion: Aug 2023
CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, Lincoln, NE
Majors: Sales and Marketing
Cumulative GPA: 3.41
• Working knowledge of marketing concepts and their applications
• Long-term interest in managing sales and marketing materials for campaigns
• Demonstrated ability to support day to day marketing activities
• Basic understanding of sales analytics
• Able to think in a creative manner
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Pioneer: Able to take the initiative
• Good attention to detail
• Strong ability to work independently and in a team-fostered environment
• “Can do” attitude
• Providing creative marketing solutions to different departments
• Developing and executing core marketing campaigns and sales assistance
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT AND CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• President of the Literary Club
• Member of the Marketing and Sales Strategy Club
• Member of the college swimming and baseball teams
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE
• Volunteered marketing services for the college office to promote the institute’s core programs
• Performed volunteer services for Sava Senior Care for three summers