Law firms are always looking for interns who are energetic and motivated with the ability to work efficiently in a busy environment with their team. They prefer college students or applicants with a college degree; Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe, and interest in the legal field is a prerequisite for this position.
Law Firm Intern Resume
Developing a resume for an internship position is not all that easy since you have limited information to work with.
When you are writing a resume to apply for a law firm intern position, you have to make sure that you portray yourself as the best individual there is out there, to do the job. And to prove this, you have to be a step ahead of all the other applicants who have applied for the job.
The following resume sample will show you how to write one for a law firm internship position:
Law Firm Intern Resume Sample
8 Holland Drive, Lacey, WA 31382
Organized, resourceful, and competent individual, with a solid educational background in providing research support to law firms. Exceptionally talented in assisting in the drafting and negotiation of contracts, and in making coverage determinations. Ability to assist in the reviewing, drafting, and revising of a wide variety of contracts.
• Competent in supporting the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, and legal processes.
• Proven ability to provide support in compliance and legal risk management, including researching statutes.
• Adept at responding promptly to requests from different legal teams, and other departments.
Washington State University, Federal Way, WA – 2017
Bachelor’s Degree in Law
• Led 3 university sports teams in National Games, for 3 years in a row, 2 out of which were victories.
• Made the Dean’s list 3 times, and crowned as Student of the Year 2 years in a row.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|• Precedents Handling||• Legal Research|
|• Case Filing||• Service Agreements Drafting|
|• Letters/Memos Preparation||• Agreements Tracking|
|• Reporting||• Records Keeping|
|• Fact Checking||• Communication|
|• Customer Service||• Teamwork|
Externship | 1/2018 – 5/2018
Development Dimensions International Inc., Federal Way, WA
• Performed research work according to specified instructions, and created and submitted correlating reports.
• Assisted in making files for each case, ensuring that all paperwork was complete and accurate.
• Scheduled appointments for clients, and followed up on them in a timely manner.
• Assisted in interviewing clients, by taking down and recording important information.
• Organized case files, ensuring that they were kept confidential and safe at all times.
Exemplary professional references available
There is a lot that you can put into your resume at this stage. Your qualifications and competencies need to be highlighted here.
You have to make sure that you provide hiring managers with an insight into the kind of person that you are, by highlighting your best points, even if the experience is not a great friend at this point.