An objective statement opens your most important job application document i.e. resume, and thus, has to be perfect in every way. Writing a resume objective is not too easy though.
You have to delve deep into what your work will be once you are hired, and then create the best objective that you can think of. Make sure that your resume objective is not selfish – it has to be according to what the hiring manager wants in an applicant.
Resume objectives can take many shapes – you have to decide which one suits you best. The basic purpose of writing an objective is to elicit information about your skills and qualifications. The rest falls into place itself. When you focus on these two areas, you automatically create an object that will be accepted immediately. However, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind. Never write an objective that is too long or sketchy.
Hiring managers have little time on their hands, and they cannot be expected to read long accounts of why you are the best for a job. This information needs to be communicated to them in 3 lines or less. Impossible? Not at all! It is quite possible to keep your words strong, and your sentences short.
To see how a gymnastics coach will write a resume objective, you may refer to the examples below:
Sample Objectives for Gymnastics Coach Resume
• Highly experienced and talented Gymnastics Coach, with extensive exposure to creating and implementing gymnastics programs, to meet the dynamic and specific needs of each participant, presently seeking a position at YMCA.
• Seeking a position as a Gymnastics Coach at The Amphitheater, by providing benefits of exceptional comprehension of planning, and leading gymnastics programs. Offering demonstrated expertise in teaching participants the use of equipment, concentrating on their safety and wellbeing.
• Desire a position as a Gymnastics Coach at South Shore Gym. Eager to apply exceptional proficiencies in developing positive relationships with participants, aiming to help them meet their gymnastics program targets.
• Looking for a position as a Gymnastics Coach at Fitness Pro Studio, by employing exceptional skills in developing instructional programs for gymnastic students. Effectively able to prepare athletes for competitions, focusing on sportsman spirit, and fair-play.
• Exceptionally talented Gymnastics Coach, with over 7 years of experience working in this capacity. Presently looking for a position at Aim for Fit, by providing exceptional skills in developing gymnastics programs, and ensuring that they are implemented in an appropriate manner.