There are several different types of private housekeeper cover letters written in different situations. The purpose of a cover letter is to initiate contact with an employer:
• To introduce yourself and inquire about a job or internship possibility
• To apply for an actually advertised or known position within the company
The basic idea behind writing a resume cover letter is to:
• Capture the hiring manager’s interest in your suitability for a job
• Invite the hiring manager to read your cover letter in depth
• Secure the interview, either for informational or employment purposes
The introduction of a private housekeeper cover letter should indicate who you are and why you are writing. If you learnt about the job opportunity from an advertisement or through a contact, mentioning it is pertinent.
The main body of the cover letter should denote why you are interested in the job and how you are a good match for the position. Relate your skills to the needs of the company – make sure you mention at least 80% of the skills that are required in the advertisement.
The closing paragraph needs to work on the dynamics of an “action close”. Ask for an interview. Better still, tell the hiring manager that you will call, and leave your contact information.
553 Watson Street
Salt Lake City, UT 15121
Andrea @ email . com
November 5, 2015
Mr. Nicholas Turner
Human Resource Manager
The Home Makers
5735 S 1200 E
Salt Lake City, UT 18362
Dear Mr. Turner:
“Wendy is an exceptionally hardworking and trustworthy individual. I had never had to worry about my house or the contents within during the time she worked as a housekeeper for me. It takes a lot for me to trust people so if I have handed over the keys of my house to Wendy, it means something big!”
This is an excerpt from the reference letter written by Mr. James Holden, my previous employer. I am particularly well-qualified for a private housekeeper position, as is obvious from what Mr. Holden has written. However, I would appreciate it if you would focus on my qualifications for a housekeeping job with your firm:
• Track record of accurately and precisely handling daily housekeeping tasks in accordance to standardized housekeeping procedures
• Well-versed in developing focused recipes to meet the individual nutritional needs of family members
• Adept at handling the details of large household events such as birthday parties and wedding celebrations by employing creativity and resourcefulness
No matter how detailed this letter may be, it is still no match for a face to face meeting. I will be in touch with your office to determine a suitable meeting time. If you need to contact me before a time and date is set, please call me at (333) 333-3333.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on