Summaries at the top of help desk specialist resumes can be the saving grace of the document. In the event that a resume lacks direction, a summary can help set it straight. Many candidates write an entire resume and write a summary afterwards, believing that they can pull it off. In actuality, a summary should be written first so that it can set the resume on a certain course.
You can always go back to the summary and add or take from it, once a resume has been completed. This way, you will make sure that there are no loose ends visible. A resume summary can be considered a longer version of the objective. The only difference is perhaps the way in which a summary is articulated. An objective is straightforward and to the point. A summary is detailed, allowing the reader to delve deep into candidates’ professional lives. Using a summary means that your resume will be provided with a great opener, something that hiring managers look forward to seeing at the top of each resume that they pick up.
What goes into a summary? Specific skills that an individual possesses in relation to the work that one will be expected to perform when hired, is what a help desk specialist resume summary is all about. Here are some examples:
Sample Summaries for Help Desk Specialist Resume
• Highly accomplished and experienced Help Desk Specialist with extensive exposure to providing first line support services to customers. Effectively able to troubleshoot technical issues placing special focus on reducing system downtime, and ensuring customer satisfaction and repeat business opportunities on consistent basis.
• Top-performing Help Desk Specialist with over 7 years of experience in handling escalated technical problems. Demonstrated expertise in walking customers through problem solving processes, over the telephone and in person.
• Competent, resourceful and meticulous Help Desk Specialist with a verifiable track record of success providing quality technical services to customers. Highly skilled in logging and tracking support calls, and escalating jobs as required to ensure customer satisfaction at all levels.
• Resourceful, technically savvy and qualified Help Desk Specialist with profound technical skills aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction. Highly experienced in handling customers’ issues over the telephone and in person, concentrating on resolving their problems in a time-efficient manner.
• Tech-savvy Help Desk Specialist with exceptionally well-developed skills in providing first contact troubleshooting and technical services to customers. Adept at determining customers’ core technical issues through well-placed questioning and answering, and ensuring timely and accurate solutions to minimize system downtime.