In order to write a good resume for a surgical tech position, you have to divide your resume into different sections such as summary, skills, experience, education, and achievements.
It must be remembered that measurable accomplishments and key responsibilities are not all that surgical tech resumes are made of. There are other aspects of a resume that one has to look into.
The objective/summary, the skills section, and information on education are equally important. However, how all this needs to be placed within a resume need to be figured out.
The details in your resume for a surgical tech position are what make it complete.
If you provide complete information in every section, your resume will be deemed a successful one.
Don’t let the employer keep guessing. Make sure that you provide him enough suitable information so that he doesn’t look elsewhere for the perfect employee.
Related: Surgical Tech Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Surgical Tech Position
6965 Clifton Street, Saugus, MA 09878
Jason.flores @ email . com
Highly experienced surgical technologist who is known for facilitating effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures while ensuring that operating environments are safe. Deep insight into both theory and application of sterile and aseptic techniques. Fully familiar with human anatomy and surgical procedures. An energetic individual who effectively handles decontamination, sterilization, and sanitation of equipment and instruments.
Mayo Clinic, Saugus, MA
• Saved a patient’s life who had suffered a mid-surgery heart attack by providing her with immediate CPR.
• Suggested a series of novel disinfection procedures, decreasing chances of in-room infection by 50%.
• Handle patient position duties according to instructions provided by the surgeon.
• Pad points of pressure such as heels, knees, eyes, and axillary regions.
• Discuss the patient’s temperature and other vitals with the anesthesia team.
• Prepare surgical rooms by ensuring that surgical beds, equipment, and instruments are available.
• Perform sterilization procedures both pre and post-surgery.
City Hospital, Saugus, MA
• Devised an equipment maintenance method that guaranteed 100% sterilization of equipment during the process.
• Wrote a booklet on pre and post-surgical self-care techniques, used as an important part of patient education procedures.
• Prepared operative suites for surgeries by checking and gathering needed supplies and equipment.
• Positioned patients and handled surgical draping activities.
• Effectively provided self-care education to patients both pre and post surgeries.
• Assisted with patient positioning by taking specific instructions from surgeons.
• Maintained inventory of surgical supplies, instruments, and equipment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Surgical Technology
Saugus Medical School, Saugus, MA – 2004
• Equipment and Instrument Maintenance
• Invasive Therapeutic Procedures
• Patient Monitoring • Wound Dressing
• Emergency Response • Sterile Techniques
• Infection Prevention • Patient Safety
• Surgical Equipment Inventory
• Needs Anticipation • Patient Positioning