Tow-truck drivers work with companies that provide services to tow abandoned, accidental, or broken down cars.
They keep in touch with dispatchers, drive down to the place they have been directed to, and hook up vehicles to be transported to the right place.
If you are looking for a resume sample for this position, have a look at the following one.
Related: Tow Truck Driver Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Tow Truck Driver Position
990 Payne Avenue, Galion, OH 66666
TOW TRUCK DRIVER
• Over five years of experience driving commercial vehicles.
• Hands-on experience in driving and operating different types of service vehicles.
• In-depth knowledge of using onboard computers, radio communications, and mapping systems.
• Proven record of performing emergency road services including jump starts, fuel delivery and towing disabled vehicles.
Tow Truck Driver
AAA Services – Galion, OH
August 2017 – March 2021
• Answered distress calls for accidental and abandoned vehicles
• Inspected and maintained vehicle supplies and equipment
• Operated tow vehicles and computer-related equipment in order to reach service destination
• Reported any delays in reaching service destinations
• Performed maintenance on vehicles as instructed
• Towed vehicles to workshops and dumps or as instructed
• Completed paperwork in terms of call logs, battery invoices, and cash receipts
• Accomplished a huge feat by reaching a particularly volatile accident situation in the middle of nowhere and providing emergency towing services.
• Conducted workshops on safe tow truck driving methods and the use of equipment.
High School Diploma
SOME SCHOOL, Galion, OH – 2008
Class B CDL with a good driving record
• Excellent driving record
• Ability to drive a variety of towing vehicles
• Basic math skills
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively
• Advanced automotive and computer knowledge