There is something profoundly comforting about office driver resumes that are complete, with the skills section highlighted adequately.
If you put yourself in the shoes of a hiring manager, you will realize that looking through resumes which do not have any information regarding an applicant’s skills, is a complete bummer. One gets annoyed at the lack of knowledge and puts the resume down to pick up another one.
And this situation cannot be right for you because necessarily, you are losing a chance to shine in front of a prospective employer. What needs to be done is to write a resume which is full of information about skills and competencies.
The best thing that you can do is to create a separate section for this and ensure that the statements which you put in it are exceptionally well-written. Not all resumes lack skills sections, but even if you have set in one, it is not always one that shines.
To make sure that your skills statements are spot on, you have to make a significant effort. This includes finding out what the prospective employer wants in an applicant and then striving hard to make sure that your skills statements elicit this information.
To see what skills an office driver can put on his or her resume, have a look at the following sample skills statements:
Sample Skills for Office Driver Resume
• Effectively able to perform full vehicle inspection on a daily basis, before each trip, to ensure the safety of people.
• Demonstrated expertise in assisting passengers/staff members to embark and disembark from the vehicle in a safe manner.
• Highly skilled in using both GPS and standard maps to map short and safe routes to destinations.
• Exceptionally well-versed in handling messenger services, by relaying messages and documents between different offices and people.
• Deep familiarity with creating and maintaining liaison and communication with dispatch services, to keep the office informed of whereabouts.
• Proven ability to run errands such as paying bills, and doing office pick-up and drop duties
• Track record of efficiently and timely performing preventative and regular maintenance on assigned vehicles.
• Competent in performing detailing duties to ensure that assigned vehicles are kept clean and maintained at all times.
• Qualified to handle on-road emergencies such as punctured tires, and minor accidents.
• Able to determine when and what type of maintenance is required, and make arrangements for logistics to be carried out properly.
• Skilled in ensuring sound running of vehicles, and arranging minor repairs, as and when needed.