A patient coordinator greets and establishes primary contact with families and patients.
They verify and update patient demographics and confirm that patients have proper insurance for the physician they are seeing.
Also, they manage and monitor assigned physician’s practices and timetables, and serve as a link between the patient and the physician.
A resume is an integral part of your job application for a patient coordinator position. In the patient coordinator resume, you should highlight the following skills:
- Answering the telephones
- Scheduling appointments
- Greeting patients
- Presenting treatment plans to the patients
- Accepting payments
The following 2+ resume samples for a Patient Coordinator position will provide you with a good idea of writing your resume.
Patient Coordinator Resume Example 1
65 Oxford Street
Queens, NY 01220
Responsible, respectful, and punctual
Passionate patine coordinator with 11+ years of successful track record in medical administrative functions, patient concierge, office administrative duties, and patient care coordination. Demonstrated patient service and communication skills. Known to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced healthcare environment. Ability to perform sales, marketing, and retention activities.
• Appointment scheduling and billing
• Greeting, screening, and safely transporting patients
• Assisting doctors and technologists with paperwork
• Providing accurate and detailed information to patients
• Punching exact patient, physician, and exam information into the online system
• Ordering supplies and cleaning medical unit
Mount Sinai Medical Center – Queens, NY
May 2013 – Present
• Greet patients and fill in their insurance and demographics in the MIS System.
• Answer phones and schedule appointments.
• Review status of waiting room regularly.
• Inform relevant employees about patients’ arrival.
• Process formalities and other institutional forms.
• Handled cash and checks.
• Provide patients with the procedure for requesting medical records.
Patient Care Aide
AnMed Health – Anderson, SC
Jun 2009 – May 2013
• Monitored assigned physician’s schedules.
• Scheduled patient appointments and system.
• Answered physician hotline and handle scheduling line.
• Monitored patient lab databases.
• Punched documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.
• Recorded patient appointments on the computer.
• Scheduled procedures and appointments from the database.
Associate of Science in Health Information Management
Queen Mary College, Queens, NY – 2008
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
• MS Word and Excel
• MIS Systems and Databases
• Electrical Medical Record (EMR)
• Working knowledge of the medical system
• Able to provide compassionate care
• Proven record of ensuring patients’ comfort
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
“I am organized and outgoing. I enjoy working with people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.”
Patient Coordinator Resume Sample 2
321 North Street, Westerly, RI 32147
An efficient and dependable individual with 6+ years’ extensive experience in coordinating patient care activities. Highly skilled in monitoring physician’s orders and scheduling patient appointments. Thorough understanding of chart documentation in the Electronic Medical Record and Lotus Notes.
• Answering the doctor’s hotline and process scheduling line
• Monitoring patient lab databases
• Principles of compassionate care
• Gastrointestinal system
• Lotus Notes
• MS Word and Excel
Patient Coordinator | 2015-present
Westerly Hospital – Westerly, RI
• Utilized effective coordination skills which reduced patients’ complaints by 30%
• Resolved queries of aggressive patients politely
• Answer phones, register and verify appointments
• Update patients’ records, insurance, and demographic information into the system
• Communicate with suitable staff about the patient’s arrival
Patient Care Coordinator | 2014-2015
Lakeview Hospital – Westerly, RI
• Verified and processed patient’s insurance
• Evaluate the status of waiting room on a scheduled basis
• Make sure that patients are kept advised of wait times
• Ensure that the patient’s medical record is accessible to the physician
RI State Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
High School Diploma
Westerly Public School, Westerly, RI
• Effective verbal and in written communication skills
• Problem Solving
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Additional Guidelines to Write a Winning Resume for Patient Coordinator Job
In order to write a good resume, just remember that employers seek certain qualities and skills in the applicant, so pick the format that will logically communicate your enthusiasm and relevant talents.
Besides resume, this Patient Coordinator cover letter will assist you in making an excellent job application package.