The several ways in which you have been writing your hospital cook resume might not be the best unless they have brought results in the form of interviews. Using the following example to get more interview opportunities.
Sample Resume for Hospital Cook Position
177 South Street, Dallas, TX 17731
Experienced and skilled cook with excellent exposure to working in a hospital kitchen. Competent in creating dishes according to the specific requirements of patients and instructions. Demonstrated ability to build recipes to meet the individual needs of assigned patient populations.
- Effectively able to handle food preparation and cooking activities, by following established rules and regulations.
- Exceptionally talented in creating food items for patients with chronic diseases and illnesses.
- Deep familiarity with kitchen hygiene and sanitation practices, aimed at ensuring disease and infection control.
- Devised a series of meals for patients with chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, IBS, and diabetes.
- Trained over 50 kitchen workers, as part of their induction program, in a span of 3 years.
- Overhauled the kitchen inventory process, making it 80% more efficient than before.
- Decreased the chances of infection by implementing a novel waste management system.
Sava Care, Dallas, TX
2015 – Present
- Look through patient files to determine their diseases, and devise meal plans for them.
- Confer with presiding doctors to obtain information about ingredients that patients may not be allowed to ingest.
- Prepare recipes according to the specific requirements of each patient, and provide leadership to kitchen staff members in preparing them.
- Cook dishes according to set recipes and instructions, and ensure that they are appropriately portioned on platters.
- Arrange for meals to be delivered to patients in their rooms, keeping timeliness in mind.
- Oversee the cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas, and manage waste management oversight.
- Handle preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment, such as grills, fryers, and ovens.
- Ensure that all kitchen staff members are working according to specified protocols governing cleanliness and sanitation.
Hospital Kitchen Worker
Trinity Health, Dallas, TX
2005 – 2015
- Assisted head cooks in creating recipes to meet the individual needs of all patients.
- Prepared food items by cutting, chopping, and marinating.
- Set plates and platters, and ensured that proper portions of food were placed on them.
- Delivered meals to patients in their rooms, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Cleaned and sanitized kitchen surfaces, including floors and counters.
High School Diploma
Franklin High School, Dallas, TX
Recipe Development | Food Preparation
Sanitation | Equipment Operation
Preventative Maintenance | Staff Oversight
Food Portioning | Items Inventory
Balanced Meal Preparation | Staff Training
Records Maintenance | Schedule Maintenance