The whole point of writing a resume is lost if you resort to the same old tactics of writing one.
Things have changed. Competition is tough.
Use the following format to help you get ahead of the competition:
Collections Supervisor Resume Sample
1588 Green Fields Road, Lexington, KY 66727
Highly competent and resourceful individual, with extensive experience working in different collection capacities. Able to train and oversee the work of collections staff members, bringing about exceptional results in the form of meeting targets. Motivated and developed staff members to perform collections duties with great gusto. Adept at determining the right tools and methods to handle collections activities.
|– Staff Oversight||– Awareness Building||– Follow-up|
|– Client Retention||– Training Facilitation||– Staff Scheduling|
|– Tools Management||– Coverage Coordination||– Target-focused|
|– Complaint Handling||– Collections Operations||– Credentialing Support|
• Devised a foolproof strategy to retain clients, despite problems that may transpire due to aggressive follow-up activities.
• Implemented a client awareness building system, which proved to be highly beneficial in motivating clients to pay on time.
• Introduced a novel staff scheduling system, resulting in increased efficiency in handling shifts.
• Trained over 80 collections officers within 4 years, as part of their induction process.
Convergent, Lexington, KY | 2011 – Present
• Scan accounts to determine delinquencies, and identify accounts with maximum outstanding payments.
• Look through clients’ histories to determine past instances of delinquencies, and create correlating notes.
• Assign cases to collections officers and provide them with guidance on how to handle follow-up.
• Oversee the work of collections teams to ensure that they are all working according to specified protocols and procedures.
• Intervene in difficult to handle the situation, involving irate or unwilling to pay customers.
• Create correspondence to inform clients of outstanding dues in their accounts.
• Provide training and development to staff members, to ensure that they handle cases well.
• Create and maintain records of paid and unpaid accounts, ensuring that all information is kept confidential.
Alliance Data, Lexington, KY | 2005 – 2011
• Referred to provided lists of outstanding payments, and performed checks to determine clients’ histories.
• Contacted clients by telephone, and email, and provided them with information on outstanding balances in their accounts.
• Assisted clients in determining payback methods, by remaining within the limitations set by the company.
• Obtained payments, entered them into the company database, and updated status of the account as well.
• Maintained records of clients and their payments, ensuring that strict confidentiality rules were followed.
Simon Cole High School, Lexington, KY – 2005
High School Diploma