The role of a lottery clerk falls under the broader category of booth cashiers and game change persons. People working as lottery clerks perform a lot of activities about handling cash and coins in gaming arenas and casinos. Their main work is to ensure that chips, coins, and tokens are appropriately managed, and handed out.
If you are in a quandary about which format to use to apply for a job, go through the following sample to set your mind at ease:
Lottery Clerk Resume Example
415 Hent Road SE, Oakland, CA 98135
Exceptional comprehension of handling a busy lottery booth in a gaming facility. Documented success in professionally handling coins and chips, aiming to facilitate clients for excellent gameplay. Able to provide clients/gamers with reliable information regarding gameplay and rules. Competent in counting received cash, and ensuring that cash drawers are properly balanced at the end of the day.
• Successfully handled over 100 clients at the same time, during a weekend rush at the casino.
• Decreased the chances of loss, by implementing core solutions to maintain a tight control over in-house cash.
• Saved the gaming arena $50,000 in lost money, by correctly verifying a large-scale fraudulent activity.
• Trained 21 other lottery clerks in handling the specifics of lottery management and related payouts, as part of their induction program.
|• Tier-1 Service||• Cash Handling||• Drawer Balancing|
|• Chips Handling||• Outreach Programs||• Problem Resolution|
|• Loss Prevention||• Win Verification||• Displays Management|
|• Safety Checks||• Reconciliation||• Bank Liaison|
Bay Casino, Oakland, CA 2015-present
• Greet customers as they arrive at the lottery counter, and issue chips and lottery tickets.
• Provide customers with information on the rules of each game, and qualifications for lotteries.
• Issue coins and chips to customers, obtain payments in exchange and issue receipts.
• Ensure that coins and chips are properly sorted out, and placed in dedicated containers.
• Balance cash drawers at the end of each day, ensuring that any discrepancies are immediately handled.
• Assist customers in determining what chips and coins to use for what purpose, and educate them on what they can win.
• Examine winning lottery tickets to verify their authenticity, and obtain approvals for payments.
• Monitor crowds to ensure that all is running in a smooth manner, and engage security at the hint of trouble.
The Mega Bucks, Oakland, CA 2014-2015
• Obtained lottery ticket books, and ensured that they were placed in a safe area.
• Provided interested customers information regarding lotteries and announcement dates.
• Issued lottery tickets to customers, in exchange for cash and credit card payments.
• Ensured that the lottery counter was kept in a neat and clean condition at all times.
• Counted lottery tickets sold at the end of the day, and prepared to correlate reports.
High School Diploma
Oakland Bay High School, Oakland, CA – 2013