A senior home caretaker is an individual who is trained in looking after the elderly at their homes.
This job needs a certain amount of skills in managing older adults so that they can be helped without feeling the loss of dignity.
Here is an example of a resume for this position that an individual may use when applying for a job in this regard.
Senior Home Caretaker Resume Sample
9022 Fanning Road, Ledyard, CT 88383
(009) 999-9999, Email
Seeking a position as a Senior Home Caretaker Home Instead applying extensive caregiving skills to assist the elderly with leading dignified lives.
• Five years of work experience working with elderly and disabled
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Highly skilled in assisting with activities of daily living
• Hands on experience in providing companionship and social and emotional support
• Adept at developing and implementing activities to facilitate self-confidence
• Wrote an article on the importance of self-esteem in the elderly published in the Seniors Weekly
• Created a set of interactive exercises now used as standard practice at Home Away from Home
Home Away from Home – Ledyard, CT | Jan 2008 – Dec 2012
• Assisted the elderly with bathing and grooming activities
• Provided companionship
• Helped with chores
• Assisted with exercise programs as required
• Managed activities to promote self-confidence
• Performed light housekeeping
• Planned and prepare meals
• Drove to appointments and shopping
• Managed ambulation and transferring assistance
High School Diploma – 2007
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding ability to work under stress
• Able to exercise tact where necessary
• Admirable communication skills
• Able to work the night shift
• Proven record of following verbal and written instructions