Caretaker Job Description
Caretakers watch over buildings, schools, community centers and residential apartments ensure safe, sanitary and well-maintained environment.
Their work is demanding as it involves lifting and moving of heavy weights. They might also require working at heights using ladders.
A caretaker resume or CV is your first contact with the prospective employer. It contains bullets list of your skills and abilities to perform the necessary functions of job – as it is more important than qualifications. In a Caretaker Resume, mentioning of some specialized skills such as minor repairs, woodwork and DIY would be valuable.
The following Caretaker Resume Example will assist you apply for caretaker job in organizations such as local authorities, churches, housing associations, buildings and big companies.
Look out for vacancies in local newspapers and websites, make a caretaker cover letter and resume and send it to the employer.
Caretaker Resume Example
32 Atlantic Avenue, Houston, TX 65987
(000) 201-9637 | jackie @ email . com
Creating safe, healthy and appealing environment for residents and community.
Uniquely qualified Caretaker with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in general cleanliness, minor repairs and lawn maintenance. Exceptional interpersonal skills, high attention to detail and a genuine desire to serve clients in a busy environment. Profound ability to oversee cleaning staff and manage flow of visitors. Well versed with health, safety, and security issues within assigned premises. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy work environment.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
|– Property Inspection||– Premise Security||– Sanitation|
|– Minor Repairs||– Litter Removal||– Staff Supervision|
|– Building Maintenance||– Locking/Unlocking||– Customer Service|
|– Record Keeping||– Painting/Decoration||– Communication|
Caretaker | ABC Company, Houston, TX | Jan 2013 – Dec 2017
• Ensured that doors and windows are locked when the building is vacant.
• Supervised cleaning staff.
• Carried out minute repairs and reported major problems to supervisor.
• Checked the premises to guard against damage or break-ins.
• Opened up the building in the morning and locked it at night.
• Arranged chairs and tables for meetings and cleared away subsequently.
• Ensured that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly.
Residential Caretaker | ABC Company, Houston, TX | Sep 2010 – Jan 2013
• Prepared rental homes and facilitated guest arrivals/departures.
• Executed non-stop hospitality for members.
• Greeted guests upon their arrival.
• Fulfilled any special requests or needs in a professional and timely manner.
• Ensured the systems in the house was functioning properly.
• Maintained lodging computer system.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma | St. Joseph’s Public School, Austin, TX – 2010
On-the-job training at ABC Company
• Diploma in Cleaning and Support Services
• Certificate in Skills for Supporting Public Services
Last updated on