Delving into what makes a cover letter a rocking one, you will come across tons of advice. Some of it will be good; some not so much. It is your job to separate the good from the bad. How? By applying logic. Always put yourself into a hiring manager’s shoes to see what will be considered a good cover letter. When you do this, you get a lot of insight into what type of a person an employer will like to hire.
A cover letter should be written keeping the following in consideration:
• Knowing yourself
• Knowing the employer
• Placing relevant information in the cover letter
• Formatting your cover letter properly
• Proofreading several times to ensure that no mistakes are evident
• Sending your cover letter in a manner (email or regular mail) that is specified in the job advertisement
And this is the order it should be in. When you research about yourself, you end up writing a lot more coherently. When you research the employer, you are actually at an advantage because you will be writing content that shows an employer that you bothered to find out where you were applying.
Here is a sample of a properly researched cover letter sample for a home care coordinator position:
52 L 4th Street
Stamford, CT 20205
d.robert @ email . com
September 10, 2015
Mr. Stanley Morse
KVC Health Systems
2537 Woodbine Road
Stamford, CT 23372
Dear Mr. Morse:
Providing in-home care “with a difference” to patients is my forte. Owing to my immense experience in developing home care plans and implementing them to suit the differentiating needs of patients, working as a home care coordinator for KVC Health Systems will be a cinch.
If you are in need for an individual who has it in him to promote quality assurance as it relates to home care planning, I am your person. For details of my qualifications, I present the following:
• Demonstrated ability to build a patient welfare system that is secure, safe and stable and is based on family centered foundations
• Documented success in collaborating with community partners and agencies to ensure effective use of resources
• Skilled at performing assessments of clinical, psychological and demographic information to identify problems and develop correlating plans of care
My resume details additional information on what I have to offer if hired as part of your team. Please contact me at (000) 444-7474 if you require more information regarding my qualifications.
Thank you for your time and consideration.