No resume for garment merchandiser position can be perfect.
Near-perfection is fine where resumes are concerned.
Ensuring that your resume is at least half as apt as the hiring manager wants it to be is imperative.
Look at the following resume sample to get ideas:
Garment Merchandiser Resume Example
12 Jefferson Street, Saint Charles, MO 45123
j_miller @ email . com
Attentive and detail-oriented Garment Merchandiser with over 6 years of experience of working in apparel merchandising capacities. Highly skilled in executing the merchandising process from concept to delivery, ensuring timely execution at each stage.
Collaboratively implements merchandising strategies and assortment plans for different merchandising categories. Creates and maintains all product level data for the life cycle of each garment, from product setup to deletion from previous lines.
Known to effectively communicating all product information to internal stakeholders by following established guidelines. Competent in gathering and analyzing product line performance, trends and competitive data to make product recommendations
|✓ Strategy Development||✓ Seasonal Plans||✓ Operational Facilitation|
|✓ Trend Analysis||✓ Showroom Setup||✓ Visual Merchandising|
|✓ Sampling||✓ Production Mediation||✓ Shipping Assistance|
|✓ Quality Control||✓ Orders Management||✓ Product Inspection|
• Successfully strategized a series of plans that led to increased quality of shipments.
• Controlled the quality of outgoing garments, by implementing plans to ensure that all quality metrics were met.
• Managed a visual merchandising campaign, which was assigned on an emergent basis.
• Trained 20 individuals to work as merchandising officers, for 4 different company locations, as part of their training.
VF Corporation, Saint Charles, MO 3/2014 – Present
• Create and maintain effective professional relationships between buyers and manufacturers
• Contact vendors and provide them with information on available products
• Collect garment samples and accessories and inspect them for conformity and quality
• Create and develop merchandising strategies to ensure that the company can meet its targets
• Coordinate with production and fabric teams to ensure that all tasks are aimed at efficiency and timeliness
• Ascertain that all merchandising related functions are running smoothly, including packing, unpacking and repacking
• Collect and process cost information, quote prices to the buyer and perform negotiations with suppliers
• Check samples to ensure that they are in conformity with specified standards, before they are sent out
Global Brands Group, Saint Charles, MO 2/2011 – 3/2014
• Collected samples from different department brands and brought them to the inspection hub
• Assisted merchandisers in determining fabric faults such as colors and shades
• Isolated faulty garments, and ensured that they were delivered to the production area for further action
• Checked all labels and information on them, and created reports accordingly
• Ascertained that all passed garments were packed properly, and shipped according to protocol
Saint Charles University, Saint Charles, MO – 2010
Bachelor of Business Administration
Last updated on