A financial auditor is responsible for reviewing the company’s financial statements and documents.
Since the work is complex, hiring managers want to hire people with a solid background in finance and accounting.
If you are the right person to hire at this position, you must ensure that your resume highlights your skills and qualifications in this regard.
The perfect mix of accomplishments, skills, competencies, and experience will make a financial auditor resume successful.
Adding information to suggest that you can use analytic skills to assess accounting and finance reports is important to the success of your resume.
The following sample will guide you further in this regard.
Financial Auditor Resume Example
38 Fork Road, Fresno, VA93125
Insightful and analytic individual, with 8+ years of solid financial auditing experience. Unmatched ability to plan financial audits by comprehending organizational objectives and structure. Demonstrated expertise in designing auditing processes by using common standards of practice, company policies, and business goals.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Risk Management | Internal Controls
Adherence | Error Spotting
Practice Standards | Budget Oversight
Records Management | Reporting Systems
Efficiency Improvement | Efficacy Assurance
Relationship Building | Audit Program Development
IBC Bank, Fresno, CA
5/2013 – Present
• Plan, develop, and conduct financial control audits, and assess associated risks
• Assess client businesses, and financial risks on special projects
• Accumulate pertinent data, and organize materials required for financial auditing procedures
• Understand company objectives, and plan financial oversight programs accordingly
• Assess compliance with financial regulations by effectively executing audit program steps
• Evaluate risks and internal controls by identifying non-compliance areas
• Communicate audit progress and findings to the higher management
• Identify risky areas in order to draw up a complete picture of financial responsibility
• Analyze adherence to budgetary standards and guidelines
• Review financial materials to spot errors and discrepancies
• Develop new standards of practice in order to increase financial accuracy and integrity
• Implemented financial controls, as a result, increased financial and accounting efficiency by 25%
• Introduced a risk management system, hence, decreased business risk by 15%
• Trained 50+ individuals in handling finance and accounting controls as part of their induction process
DTE Energy, Fresno, CA
2/2011 – 5/2013
• Oversaw cash flow and financial instruments to ensure accuracy
• Planned and directed finance team’s activities and schedules
• Monitored daily financial operations, and tracked the company’s financial status and performance
• Researched and analyzed financial reports, and market trends
Master Degree in Finance
California State University, Fresno, CA – 2010