Should you include an objective on your resume or not is one of the most debated questions of recent times. What is the importance of a business analyst resume objective? How does it help us get a job? Does it help us at all? Or is it just a cosmetic addition to a resume?
There are two sides to this – if you think that you can write a better summary of qualifications, do not opt for a resume objective. But if a summary of qualifications does not apply to you (like if you are applying for an entry level position), by all means, a resume objective will pique the hiring manager’s attention. And that is what you had set out to do, right?
One thing that you need to keep in mind when writing resume objectives is to write a different one for each position that you apply for. So if you are sending your resume to four different places, it is important to write a customized objective for each position. Your objective statement should typically match the tone of the company’s mission statement so that the hiring manager can relate to it.
Resume writing is a lengthy process; spending too much time on a two line objective might make you too frustrated to pay attention to the rest of the content. So it is best that you spend little time on this but do make sure that it is a well-constructed couple of sentences.
To build an effective resume for entry level business analyst position, take a look at the following sample objectives:
• Passionate, critical-thinker seeking a Business Analyst position at National Instruments using deep understanding of business change needs, assessing the impact of change and analyzing requirements to meet those needs.
• High-energy graduate looking for a position as a Business Analyst with Experis. Offers exceptional ability to proactively communicate and collaborate with external customers to analyze business information needs.
• Desire a position as a Business Analyst at Cypress Semiconductor Corporation. Offering commitment to develop effective problem statements and assisting in cost / benefit analysis and process modeling activities.
• To work as a Business Analyst for Xyant Technologies. Familiar with analyzing and preparing data in support of customer bids and preparing inventory demand projections based upon previous sales.
• To obtain a position as a Business Analyst at Beta Soft Systems. Eager to employ independent thinking skills to deliver accurate metrics to directly impact the company’s sales.
• Seeking a position as a Business Analyst with Boeing. Bringing a demonstrated ability to think technically and gather and analyze data to edict usable outcomes.
Last updated on