A well-written and customized air traffic controller resume will bring immediate results in the form of interviews. So do not forget the resume-interview connection.
If you include your relevant experience and skills as an air traffic controller such as monitoring and regulating ground and air traffic, your resume will be given high consideration.
Specifically, an air traffic controller resume should mention that the applicant can effectively maintain communication with air traffic control centers, and pilots. Previous experience in compiling and analyzing data and reports should also be mentioned.
Related: Air Traffic Controller Cover Letter
Study the examples below in order to get a better idea.
Air Traffic Controller Resume Sample 1
47 Macaron Street, Erie, PA79512
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER
Results-driven Air Traffic Controller with more than 10 years of progressively responsible air traffic control experience. A passionate individual who has extensive know-how of tracking planes and providing take-off and landing instructions. Outstanding record of highly focused and strategic support leadership. Demonstrated ability to establish trust, and manage crisis situations.
Air Traffic Controller
SAIC, Erie, PA
• Develop 5 new communication standards that increased the communication efficacy by 25%.
• Successfully help a distressed plane land, by providing on-time and well-placed emergency and landing instructions.
• Coordinate air and ground traffic in order to ensure consistent aircraft and passenger safety.
• Issue landing and take-off instructions according to the protocols.
• Authorize flight paths on the ground, and in the air.
• Provide weather updates to pilots and suggest delay times.
• Develop and implement methods and logistics in controlling air traffic in an effective manner.
Assistant Air Traffic Controller
Erie Airport, Erie, PA
• Supported the system and equipment setup and calibration function.
• Monitored and directed the movement of ground aircraft.
• Updated pilots about weather conditions, runway closures, and other important information.
• Adjusted and controlled radio equipment and airport lights.
• Created and submitted clear and concise daily reports and logs.
• Analyzed factors such as fuel requirements and maps to determine route logistics.
Bachelor’s Degree in Air Traffic Management
Erie National University, Erie, PA – 2010
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Airborne and Ground Traffic Control | Flight Plan Processing
Logs Maintenance | Voice Recording
Automated Communications Systems | Terminal Air Traffic Oversight
Clearances Authorizations | Status Monitoring
Emergency Response | Intrusion Detection Warning
Air Traffic Controller Resume Sample 2
567 Jenoby Street, Blue River, NY3976
o.jael @ email . com
Air Traffic Controller
Innovative and self-motivated individual with hands-on experience in air traffic control and handling five or more aircraft simultaneously at large airports. Track record of observing and reporting airport advisories, as well as ensuring that safety measures are undertaken. Demonstrated expertise in ensuring all actions take place according to FAA regulations. Familiar with certification requirements and maintaining certification for the airport. Focused on maintaining airport security as well as that of airplanes.
• Landing/takeoff instructions issuance
• Providing up-to-date information to pilots
• Aircraft emergency handling
• Airplane movement monitoring and directing
• Ground traffic management
• Aircraft route management
• Successfully coordinated the simultaneous landing of seven jets just before fog enveloped the airport.
• Effectively coordinated the emergency landing of a DC-7 with engine failure. There were no casualties and few injuries.
• Successfully coordinated the landing of a large aircraft with both radar outage and visual impairment.
• Introduced a safety regulations program that resulted in a 17% decrease in accidents.
Air Traffic Controller
Blue River Airport, Blue River, NY
6/2008 to Present
• Provide air control services to aircraft at the airport and its environs.
• Coordinate plans and actions with pilots and other controllers.
• In a crisis situation, make judgments and select the best possible course of action regarding aircraft and runway.
• Manage air traffic control services and observe and report airport advisories.
• Observe and report equipment failure to concerned airport managers.
• Immediately report weather conditions both to aircraft and concerned airport managers.
• Ascertain safety and other regulations are met by the airport, including FAA requirements.
• Maintain all necessary certifications and provide training for personnel, basic and journeyman.
Air Traffic Controller Assistant
Blue River Airfield, Blue River, NY
1/2004 to 5/2008
• Kept radio contact with aircraft and directed the movement of planes.
• Instructed aircraft to descend or climb and allocated cruising levels.
• Provided instructions regarding severe weather conditions and led aircraft away from possible impact.
• Ascertained that appropriate distance is maintained between planes.
• Controlled movements on runways and handled ground movements of planes and vehicles.
BS Degree in Aviation Management
STATE UNIVERSITY, Blue River, NY – 2002