The Room Service professionals within a hotel setting are responsible for bringing food to guests while upholding excellent guest service standards at all times. The Hotel Room Service worker or sever is also responsible for assembling and delivering orders to the guest’s room.
If you are thinking to apply for any position of hotel room service, you need to create a good resume and cover letter. Although some employers do not require these documents, but, it is strongly recommended that you send resume with your job application.
Refer to the example below to get an idea how to write a good resume for hotel room service jobs.
Hotel Room Service Resume Example
Objective: Seeking a position as a server with a reputed hotel utilizing inborn hospitality skills to provide excellent room service.
• Two years of F&B and room service experience
• Pleasant personality and highly professional appearance
• Physically fit: ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Demonstrated ability to take care of guests with admiration and professionalism
• Able to practice all sanitation and safety procedures provided by both the Health Department
• Knowledge of resort, restaurants, channel and amenities to smartly assist guests with questions
• Ability to pick up trays from all guest suites
• Knowledge of proper table settings and service ware settings
June 2010 – May 2011
Resort at Squaw Creek – Olympic Valley, CA
Room Service Server
• Provided highest quality product the guests in a timely and polite manner
• Retrieved all guests’ trays and carts upon the guests’ demand
• Responsible for being memorable in all menu items, pricing and other services provided by the employer in relation to Room Service
• Exercised appropriate telephone manners with guests
• Delivered outgoing orders as per guest’s requests
May 2009 – June 2010
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa – La Jolla, CA
Room Service Server
• Read order tickets and bring together the order in the kitchen area
• Delivered food items to the visitors and guests in their rooms
• Cleaned and sanitized guestrooms at the end of the meal and return dining items to the kitchen area
• Kept lobbies clean of trays and cups
Jan 2009 – May 2009
Loews Miami Beach Hotel, US – FL – Miami Beach
Turndown Room Attendant
• Maintained all guest rooms as allocated in a clean and neat condition.
• Placed doorknob breakfast menu, evening amenities
• Light cleaning of bedroom, turned on lamp and radio and closing drapes
• Acted promptly in response to all service requests
High School Diploma – 2010
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read, write and speak clearly and correctly in English