Caretaker Job Description
Caretakers watch over buildings; schools, community centers and residential flats, making sure they are safe, sanitary and well-maintained. Some of their work could be demanding and involve lifting and moving of heavy weights. They might also require working at heights using ladders.
A caretaker resume or CV is your first contact with the prospective employer, so always try to make it impressive. Emphasize on your skills and abilities to perform the necessary functions of job – as it is more important than qualifications. In a Caretaker Resume, mentioning of some specialized skills such as minor repairs, woodwork and DIY would be valuable.
The following Caretaker Resume Example will assist you getting job in organizations such as local authorities, churches, housing associations, buildings and big companies. Look out for vacancies in local newspapers and websites, make a cover letter and resume and send it to the employer.
32F Example Avenue, Houston, TX 65987
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Caretaker position with Village Manor Apartments. Offering exceptional expertise in general cleanliness, minor repairs and lawn maintenance to create an appealing environment for community.
• Over 6 months’ experience as a building caretaker
• Profound ability to oversee cleaning staff and manage flow of visitors
• Outstanding awareness of health, safety, and security issues
• Demonstrated ability to manage workload
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
|- Estate Inspection||- Premise Security||- Sanitation|
|- Minor Repairs||- Litter Removal||- Staff Supervision|
|- Building Maintenance||- Locking/Unlocking||- Customer Service|
|- Record Keeping||- Painting/Decoration||- Communication|
Caretaker | ABC Company, Houston TX | Jan 2011 – Aug 2011
• Ensured that doors and windows are locked when the building is vacant
• Supervised cleaning staff
• Carried out minute repairs and reported major problems to supervisor
• Checked the premises to guard against damage or break-ins
• Opened up the building in the morning and locked it at night
• Arranged chairs and tables for meetings and cleared away subsequently
• Ensured that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma – 2010
On-the-job training at ABC Company
• NVQ in Cleaning and Support Services
• Certificate in Skills for Supporting Public Services