When writing a caretaker CV or Resume, emphasize on your skills and abilities to perform the necessary functions of job – as it is more important than qualifications. In a Caretaker CV, practical skills such as minor repairs, woodwork and DIY would be valuable. It could also be a plus in a CV of Caretaker if you have appropriate work experience, maybe as a porter, cleaner, from maintenance or security work.
Caretaker Job Description
Caretakers watch over buildings; schools, community centers and residential flats, making sure they are safe, sanitary and well-maintained. Some of your work could be demanding and involve lifting and moving of heavy weights. You might also require working at heights using ladders.
A caretaker resume or CV is your first contact with the prospective employer, so always try to make it different. Use the following Caretaker Resume template if you really want to stand out.
Caretaker Resume Example
32F Example Avenue, Houston, TX 65987
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Caretaker position with Village Manor Apartments. Offering exceptional expertise in general cleanliness, minor repairs and lawn maintenance to create an appealing environment for community.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Over 6 months’ experience as a building caretaker
• Profound ability to oversee cleaning staff and manage contractors
• Outstanding awareness of health, safety, and security issues
• Demonstrated ability to manage workload
Caretaker | ABC Company, Houston TX | Jan 2011 – Aug 2011
• Ensured that doors and windows are locked when the building is vacant
• Supervised cleaning staff
• Carried out minute repairs and reported major problems to supervisor
• Checked the premises to guard against damage or break-ins
• Opened up the building in the morning and locked it at night
• Arranged chairs and tables for meetings and cleared away subsequently
• Ensured that heating, lighting and alarm systems are working properly
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
High School Diploma – 2010
On-the-job training at ABC Company
• NVQ in Cleaning and Support Services
• Certificate in Skills for Supporting Public Services
[Give 2 references here]
This Caretaker Resume Example will assist you getting job in organizations such as local authorities, churches, housing associations, buildings and big companies. Look out for vacancies in local newspapers and websites, make a cover letter and resume and send it to the employer.
Keep in mind that in a number of places for example large schools and office blocks, you might work in a team with quite a few other caretakers. With experience, you could have the chance to turn out to be a supervisor or you could move into cleaning supervision.