There is little more that is as exciting as going through a resume that is to one’s liking.
Hiring managers depend highly on well-written resumes to bring functioning employees onboard.
Candidates really have to compete with each other to bag the job of their dreams, often depending on resume samples that they find sparingly on the Internet.
Do not follow just any sample. Instead, take ideas from the following one:
6652 Robertson Road | Rumney, NH 03002 | (000) 484-2412 | tiawelsh @ email . com
RESIDENTIAL YOUTH WORKER
Over 9 years of experience working in a residential facility for the youth. A responsible and self-confident individual who effectively assists in building relationships and increases community inclusion opportunities for assigned wards.
• Well-versed in handling assessment, goal setting and program planning activities such as individualized support plans
• Deeply familiar with evaluating the needs of clients, and develop short term and long term plans to meet them
• Demonstrated ability to review and evaluate each client’s progress and make required adjustments
• Proven ability to support individuals to function more independently in their homes or workplaces, and within the facility
Areas of Expertise
Needs Assessment ~ Progress Monitoring ~ Personal Support Networks ~ Vocational Activities ~ Appointments Accompaniment ~ Communication Methods ~ Relationships Facilitation ~ Nutritional Support ~ Treatment Plans Management ~ Facility Upkeep ~ Program Planning ~ Crises Management
• Successfully placed all assigned clients in specific communities, after successful rehabilitation.
• Increased public awareness regarding child and youth problems, through a series of informational programs.
• Singlehandedly created a policy manual for all clients who were part of all residential programs within the residential facility.
• Introduced a dynamic needs assessment program, which could easily be tweaked to meet the individual requirements of each client.
Residential Youth Worker
Crossroads Program, Rumney, NH | 6/2012 – Present
• Assess each assigned client to determine his or her needs for community rehabilitation and inclusion
• Create and implement individualized plans to meet the requirements of each client
• Meet with each client on a regular basis to identify and discuss any problems or issues
• Provide support and advice through well-placed counseling services, in a one on one or group sessions
• Refer to clients to appropriate specialists or community agencies, depending on their individual requirements
• Act as an advocate of assigned clients, in front of families and government departments
• Ascertain that the residential facility is conducive to clients’ wellbeing and health
• Intervene in crises situations, placing special focus on clients’ safety and emotional wellbeing
SOS Children’s Village, Rumney, NH | 2/2008 – 5/2012
• Engaged children in conversation to determine their specific needs and wants
• Communicated requirements to the management, and followed up to ensure that they were met promptly
• Assisted in planning programs to focused on the specific needs of each child within the program
• Organized group activities to encourage children to be more social and take part in sports and recreation
• Handled emergency situations such as accidents or injuries within the facility
High School Diploma
Rumney High School, Rumney, NH | 2007