A plant worker, also referred to as a production worker, works in production areas or factories. Their work is to ensure that plants are properly run and that the end product is of the quality that is required.
While working at this position, you will be tested on many things, such as handling machine calibration.
Also, your work will involve performing the minor repair and extended maintenance duties. Monitoring equipment in order to make sure that it works properly will also be part of your work.
In addition, ensuring that the quality of the end product is according to specifications will be your responsibility.
Typically, working as a plant worker is hard work. But with the right skills, you can make it a fun job.
Plant Worker Job Description
• Set up production plant equipment, as well as calibrate it.
• Oversee the running of production plants in order to ensure good working order.
• Check work orders to determine raw materials that need to be fed into the machines.
• Acquire and check raw materials for quality and quantity.
• Feed raw materials into the machines as per instructions.
• Increase productivity through efficient feeding and processing work.
• Monitor production processes in order to ensure accuracy and quality.
• Set gauges for heat and speed.
• Observe safety guidelines while performing production work.
• Mix and measure raw ingredients according to specified standards.
• Manage and oversee automated methods and temperatures for each product.
• Check finished materials to ensure their quality.
• Pick and isolate end products that are of low quality.
• Pack finished products according to instructions.
• Count each product line, and make associated notes.
• Ensure that finished and packed products are handed over to warehouse personnel.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on assigned machines.
• Report issues such as repair needs or bugs to the supervisor.
• Create and maintain effective liaison with vendors in order to obtain raw materials and supplies in a timely manner.
• Develop paperwork for each produced batch.
• Ensure that work areas are kept clean and sanitized at all times.
• Follow the safety guidelines for each work process.
Plant Worker Qualifications
Working as a plant worker requires one to possess a high school diploma at the very least.
Prior experience of working in a similar capacity comes in handy.
As a plant worker, you will be performing many physical tasks, which is why physical dexterity is important.