A fruit farm worker position calls for strong physical stamina, farming knowledge and experience, and the ability to look after orchids and crops from sowing to harvesting.
The purpose of writing a cover letter when applying for a fruit farm worker position is to communicate your relevant skills in a personalized manner which cannot be done through your resume.
Use this opportunity smartly to create a good impression on the prospective employer and to gain an edge over your competition.
Here are a few helpful tips in this regard:
- Start with a strong opening paragraph to introduce yourself as a viable and serious candidate.
- Relate your qualifications to the job description provided by the recruiter.
- Ask for an interview in the last paragraph.
- Tell the employer that you are ambitious to work for them.
- Check for typos and grammatical errors before sending.
Here is a sample cover letter for a fruit farm worker resume.
Fruit Farm Worker Cover Letter Example
833 Fair park Apartments
Fayetteville AR 99999
(003) 444- 5555
ralph .peterson @ email .com
January 10, 2023
Mr. Henry Carter
82 Yellow Orchid Lane
Dear Mr. Carter:
Your recent job posting for a Fruit Farm worker caught my eye as my skills and qualifications match your needs almost exactly.
Having grown up at a fruit farm, I am aware of conventional as well as modern farming methods, and I am very well versed in the usage of manual and power tools used for sowing, preparing the soil, pruning, fruit picking, and packing.
I worked in the fruit farming industry for more than 3 years and developed strong skills in:
- Operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilize, spray and harvest fruits
- Undertaking planting by using hand tools and farm machines
- Spraying fruit trees and plants with chemicals to control weeds, insects, fungi, and diseases
- Selecting, picking, and packing fruits and nuts according to size and ripeness
- Discarding rotted and over-ripened produce
- Loads containers onto trucks
The above-highlighted competencies speak clearly of my potential. I am a strong team player and good at negotiating fruit rates in the market. In addition, I bring a track record of charting the plants’ growth and progress and keeping track of the quality and quantity of the produce.
I am confident that my contribution can help your farm reach the level of highest production. Please feel free to call me for an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.