A Welder Helper assists lead welder in performing all kinds of welding and grinding tasks using power and hand tools.
These professionals are also responsible for inspecting equipment, repairing broken joints, operating electric and gas welding equipment and driving trucks to move material to and from the work site.
This is usually an entry-level position which requires very less or no experience.
If you are looking for a job as a welder’s helper, the following resume template may come in handy when preparing your job application package.
Welder Helper Resume Example
12 Williamsburg Drive, La Place, LA 23110
(999) 999-7899, Email
Proactive and competent Welder Helper with a demonstrated ability to assist lead welders in the fabrication of steel and metal structures. Adept at performing basic welding functions as well as operating power equipment, grinders and other related tools. Willing to work overtime, and weekends. Possess a Class B commercial driver’s license with good driving record.
Major strengths include:
• Thorough understanding of basic welding concepts and their application
• Expert in moving workpieces and tools manually and with equipment
• Hands-on experience in performing grinding tasks using both power and hand tools
• Proficient in cleaning workpieces to remove impurities
• Well versed in reading and interpreting blueprints
CSX – Bowling Green KY
• Ensure compliance with all related rules and regulations for safety
• Inspect leaky cylinders, hoses, and connections
• Operate propane torches and electric and gas welding equipment
• Grind metal using power and hand tools
• Clean workpieces to remove slag, rust, and grease
• Maintain the flow of gases and light torch
• Adjust the gas mixture and pressure to obtain the perfect flame when making welds
• Apply filler rod to the molten area to form a weld
• Repair and replace broken pipes
• Check for hairline cracks and any visible defects
Tradesmen International – Ambridge, PA | 2012-2014
• Performed duties under the supervision of the lead Journeyman Welder
• Learned different kinds of welding including Stick, Mig, Tig, and Flux Core
• Assisted welders in brazing, thermal and arc cutting, and welding
• Moved heavy tools, workpieces, and supplies
• Cleaned work area
XYZ High School, La Place, LA | 2015
• Excellent manual dexterity and physical endurance
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Eager to perform heavy physical labor
AWARDS AND HONOURS
• Awarded Most Dexterous Student in Shop Class
• Member of the Language Club at XYZ High School
• Head of the Prom Committee
• Model Rail Road collector
• Captain of the school swimming team